When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Precious Time Submariner bezel help?

pollux1

Removing the bezel on my Euro (MBK) was always a bitch, also. I'd take a razor and put it in there between the bezel and the case and pound on it. The retention ring, the crystal and bezel would all pop off. Then you have to press the crystal back on, then the retention ring, don't loose the click spring- and install it, flat washer on top and finally snap the bezel on. Tolerances on these copy pieces isn't the greatest.

You can try taking yours apart- check the flat friction washer for flatness, check the click spring. You may or may not be able to fix it. Those are the breaks

Swapping out for a gen assembly would be another option, but finding the parts is tough- stay away from whoesaleoutlet990 down in Sugar Land, Texas- his aftermarket parts aren't that good.

As FM says, these problems aren't uncommon. the good news is, you're the only one playing with your bezel

I wonder if BKLM could maybe help you out???

it's very easy to pop the bezel. Pry a caseback knife between the bezel and the base of it. Use a cloth to sandwich the caseback knife so you don't scratch anything. Then take a triangular needle file and run it over between the teeth to make sure each tooth is sharp, well defined. The thing with these bezels is between the teeth there's leftover metal hanging around. After I ran the file over the teeth, I got lots of bits of the leftover metal off the bezel. If you don't get a tighter feel, at least you get surer clicks. In addition, you definitely won't have the bezel being able to turn both directions. Besides running a file between the teeth, you can bend the click wire to get a tighter feel. Hope this helps.

-bk

Bk, your clear concise instructions worked! I managed to get the bezel off, cleaned it and after much fiddling got it reassembled, that spring is a nightmare lol. It now rotates evenly but still a bit loose, will a file such as you described cure that problem? I certainly won't mind having a go at filing it thanks to your advice! :thumbsupsmileyanim: :thumbsupsmileyanim: