When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Compatability

RobbieG

So it is known to us that if you have an Asian 7750 you can swap Day/Date discs from a Swiss 7750 into it with no modification. Can you also swap Day/Date discs from an Asian 7750 into a Swiss one?

Similarly, is the rotor from an Asian 7750 compatable with the ETA one in some way? The size of the bearing opening but not the bearings? In other words could you pop the bearings out of the Asian rotor and press the Swiss ones in it and then use that rotor on the Swiss 7750? Or just swap the whole thing bearings and all? Or can you even take the whole automatic module from an A7750 and put in on an ETA 7750?

The idea I have would be to do a Porsche Flat 6 project and put my Swiss 7750 in it and use the DW's and rotor from the Asian 7750 version potentially.

Thanks in advance guys. I may know more than most about a lot of historic high end movements, but gen/rep 7750 compatability is not something I know much about other than chrono hand size differences which require broaching. But that I have done before on my BCE project a while back so no worries there. The Flat 6 is pretty intriguing and hey, I can use the "it matches" my car geeky excuse to do the project. If I can make this stuff work I might have the first Swiss 7750 Flat 6 on the forums. Do tell if my idea is doable, or another frustrating rep pipe dream...

For rotor bearings, check this out http://www.rwg.cc/members/Modding-Rotor-Hu...B+rotor+bearing

Pretty cool, and it really made a difference to that HBB IMO.

For day/date wheels, check this out http://www.rwg.cc/members/Installing-Valjo...750+date+wheels

Equally cool stuff, and I presume that if ETA parts can be fitted to an Asian movement, that the reverse is also possible too, but you never know in this game. Good luck with that project, I'll bet the finished project will be well worth the work.

Cheers B)

I doubt I'll do an EOD - not really much of a RO fan I'm afraid. I had a gen Millenary and that is the only thing AP that has ever moved me. World calss brand though quality wise so no offence. Just my personal taste.

Anybody else know about DW being backward compatable and rotor with bearing being a straight swap or otherwise?