When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Shopping for my first PAM rep

Tsubaki

I've narrowed it down to a PAM104, maybe the ultimate.

I read up on all the vendors and just eliminated DSN off my list.

Right now I'm looking at Eurotimez, Joshua or Puretime. None of these guys seems to drop ship and they say they do their own in-house QC. I'm not looking for the best price so much as the best after sale service IF something were to go wrong.

Also, I'm new to the rep world so I'm not comfortable doing my own modding yet.

I really want my PAM to be superlumed (I think they look AMAZING), do some vendors do mod work before shipping?

Thanks guys

I really want my PAM to be superlumed (I think they look AMAZING), do some vendors do mod work before shipping?

Thanks guys

I know puretime does modding for an extra charge...cannon pin fix and superlume, $60 additional seems to be the typical mods. I just bought a Radiomir Black Seal today....

I've narrowed it down to a PAM104, maybe the ultimate.

I read up on all the vendors and just eliminated DSN off my list.

Right now I'm looking at Eurotimez, Joshua or Puretime. None of these guys seems to drop ship and they say they do their own in-house QC. I'm not looking for the best price so much as the best after sale service IF something were to go wrong.

Thanks guys

Just out of curiosity, why did you eliminate Davidsen from your list? From what I can tell he does the very finest PAM reps!!!

Just out of curiosity, why did you eliminate Davidsen from your list? From what I can tell he does the very finest PAM reps!!!

I used the search function and found some not-so-flattering threads about quality and after service. Not sure I'll take the risk.

Honestly, I don't see many PAMs that are outstanding replicas, they all seem to need a lot of work here and there.

I've been eying a PAM104 Ultimate from Joshua but I'm afraid I might be disappointed.

At this point i don't feel too comfortable modding or to spending the extra money having relume, font, cannon pin,cyclops etc etc fixed.

I might just get a Breitling Avenger Seawolf or a Superocean Steelfish instead. From what I've read so far, they seem to be better reps.

Edited by Tsubaki

I used the search function and found some not-so-flattering threads about quality and after service. Not sure I'll take the risk.

Honestly, I don't see many PAMs that are outstanding replicas, they all seem to need a lot of work here and there.

I've been eying a PAM104 Ultimate from Joshua but I'm afraid I might be disappointed.

At this point i don't feel too comfortable modding or to spending the extra money having relume, font, cannon pin,cyclops etc etc fixed.

I might just get a Breitling Avenger Seawolf or a Superocean Steelfish instead. From what I've read so far, they seem to be better reps.

Yes, I noticed too that there's a shortlist of reps that are outstanding quality. Yes Ive heard some odd things abt DSN, but his work appears to be the very best. Another that was referred to me is Rocketeer. From what I can tell, when David starts getting MIA his quality isnt as great but when he is reachable he apparently pays great attention to his work. And even if he misses the mark he stands by his work. Thats priceless!!!

Many of the collectors seems to offer "ultimate" versions of their watches which is nice. From there guys like The Zigmeister can take care of those nagging issues. I personally love PAMs and I think its worth digging deeper to get a good one! I bought my first rep, a PAM005 from Andrew and while I see now what the flaws are its still a very very nice watch!

Tony

Thanks for all the replies, I still REALLY REALLY want a PAM. I don't know why but they're beautiful to me. They just seem to have a sense of purpose.

Maybe I'll get one, one of these days, when the reps are better and I feel comfortable modding.

Apologies in advance but there is something about the OP and various responses that has really rattled my cage for some reason and I feel inclined to chip in.

Thanks for all the replies, I still REALLY REALLY want a PAM. I don't know why but they're beautiful to me. They just seem to have a sense of purpose.

Maybe I'll get one, one of these days, when the reps are better and I feel comfortable modding.

Tsubaki Dude you're just Tyre kicking here really, seriously , people have offered you sound advice and you

Really have to agree with ST4 on this.

From your posts, I would recommend you not get a Pam. Really. If you are lookng for a good one, a lot of modding will be required.

As for dealers, well no offence to anyone of them but they all dropship except maybe Eurotimez but he charges higher for his QC.

I have bought from DSN before and the transactions and watches are all good. At thje end of the day, everyone has their own favourite dealer.

Finally, I think the 104 is no longer available. May be wrong.

Apologies in advance but there is something about the OP and various responses that has really rattled my cage for some reason and I feel inclined to chip in.

Tsubaki Dude you're just Tyre kicking here really, seriously , people have offered you sound advice and you

Whoa.... and I mean WHOA! You guys are intense! I need to have a relationship with a PAM? Did I read that right?

Okay, I'm new to the world of replica watches and although I'm pretty ignorant on a lot of stuff I'm ALWAYS willing to learn.

But the moment I have a "relationship" with a replica watch and I need to put people down I think I'll quit the hobby.

I've been searching, comparing and PMing people everyday for a week. Most have been quite helpful, some not so much.

Perhaps a lot of the knowledge is hard-won, maybe it cost money but that never gives anyone the right to denigrate another.

We were all noobs once...

For the most part I think RWI is a wonderful place, I will stick around, I will learn and I will eventually acquire the PAM I've always wanted. In the mean time I'm getting a Breitling!

Thanks to all of those who have been helpful and offered words of encouragement. I really appreciate the experienced veterans, those who share their knowledge openly and do not guard it jealously as some do.

104 is available from DSN,Eurotimez and others.

Just put your toe in the water, get the "ultimate 104", "it's not that cold :cold: , the water's just fine!" and start learning to swim upstream......... You'll find you will never be satisfied with just one rep and will curse us even more for actually giving you advice to get one. :whistling:

P104HirschRiva.jpg

There is a VAST wealth of knowledge here, FANTASTIC! I never even thought there was another world within replica watches, the depth is amazing. To me, high level reps are masterful works of art and they're functional to boot.

Will I get just one? Nope.... I already have a preorder in for a WM9s SeaDweller, I'll probably have a Steelfish next month.

Sort of like my others hobbies (nitro RC cars,Italian shotguns), you can never have just one.

A PAM? Maybe when I'm emotionally available and ready for a relationship. ha! :rolleyes:

I was quoted about 280USD for a PAM104 by DSN superlumed and all. Others sell the Ultimate PAM104 for about 430USD.

Contact any of the collectors listed, they all seem to have them in stock.

There is a VAST wealth of knowledge here, FANTASTIC! I never even thought there was another world within replica watches, the depth is amazing. To me, high level reps are masterful works of art and they're functional to boot.

Will I get just one? Nope.... I already have a preorder in for a WM9s SeaDweller, I'll probably have a Steelfish next month.

Sort of like my others hobbies (nitro RC cars,Italian shotguns), you can never have just one.

A PAM? Maybe when I'm emotionally available and ready for a relationship. ha! :rolleyes:

I was quoted about 280USD for a PAM104 by DSN superlumed and all. Others sell the Ultimate PAM104 for about 430USD.

Contact any of the collectors listed, they all seem to have them in stock.

In that case, I apologize. I really thought it is not available anymore!

I feel like I need to stick up for DSN. I read the negative threads about him, too, but decided to order from him anyway after I began corresponding with him. He promptly answered all of my e-mails, which I'm sure annoyed him given all the noob questions I had. He even sent me pictures of the watch he was going to send me. (At least it appears that way.) He sent me a beautiful 104 on a black croco pattern leather strap with all the upgrades he has available for $280 USD, which included the rubber logo strap. I thought the deployant buckle was a bit uncomfortable so I upgraded to a Manifatture Firenze black leather strap. My little project is now complete and I get misty-eyed every time I look down on my wrist. I'm thrilled to pieces and am already contemplating my next PAM from DSN; possibly a 111 or 177. It appears as though most of the bad press he got was in mid-2008. Either I got extremely lucky or his QC has vastly improved since then. Thanks to the membership for all the info available here. It's unmatched anywhere else.

I feel like I need to stick up for DSN. I read the negative threads about him, too, but decided to order from him anyway after I began corresponding with him. He promptly answered all of my e-mails, which I'm sure annoyed him given all the noob questions I had. He even sent me pictures of the watch he was going to send me. (At least it appears that way.) He sent me a beautiful 104 on a black croco pattern leather strap with all the upgrades he has available for $280 USD, which included the rubber logo strap. I thought the deployant buckle was a bit uncomfortable so I upgraded to a Manifatture Firenze black leather strap. My little project is now complete and I get misty-eyed every time I look down on my wrist. I'm thrilled to pieces and am already contemplating my next PAM from DSN; possibly a 111 or 177. It appears as though most of the bad press he got was in mid-2008. Either I got extremely lucky or his QC has vastly improved since then. Thanks to the membership for all the info available here. It's unmatched anywhere else.

very good follow up . care to share with us your photos ? i am also shopping for my first pam rep since i got poison last month.

• 2 weeks later...

Stormtrooper, I was struck by your insight...why do you say that the quality and availability of reps now are as good as it will ever be? Are you aware of something coming up in the midterm that will seriously impact this hobby? It seems as though there are dealers doing great business so I doubt they will fade away on their own. I agree that there is no point in anyone getting too agitated about making a selection...just jump in!!!

Thanks

Tony

These Italian shotguns of yours do you love looking at them? Do you take them out for long walks in the country? Do you clean them and care for them? Do you read up all about their history? Do you and just love showing them to people that don't really care? ...or are they just guns?....relationships indeed!

Just put your toe in the water, get the "ultimate 104", "it's not that cold :cold: , the water's just fine!" and start learning to swim upstream......... You'll find you will never be satisfied with just one rep and will curse us even more for actually giving you advice to get one. :whistling:

P104HirschRiva.jpg

where did you get that strap!!?!!! AMAZING!!