When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Romega

RetroSurf

Well, new member here. I have spent so much time reading everything here about Omega SMP's, PO's and Rolex Sub's that I think I am getting pretty knowledgeable. I am so appreciative to all of you that have spent time writing articles for us "noobies" to become more aquainted with this hobby. I finally made a decission to buy a Seamaster Pro Chronograph with the 7750 movement, the 45mm PO in orange, and an upgraded Rolex Sub with the 21J movement through Andrew. I am really looking forward to getting these in. Also trying out a Tag through Silix, the quartz lady link looks pretty nice as the gen is a quartz also. I feel it is time to become a donating member now to show my thanks to you all for the great information I have gathered here. I will pass along my buying experience when my products arrive, hopefully with some nice pictures too.

Hey, welcome man! Wow... so many watches at once! Looks like a potential addiction.

About ladies' Link... it's a nice watch/rep. I bought one for my lady a few years ago and it has been her daily beater. After one battery change it's working flawlessly. SEE ARTICLE

Yeah, automatics are too much for the ladies... they simply don't get it. :D Choose quartz.

By-Tor,

Actually, it was this article that you wrote on the tag, and the others (Omega & Rolex) that helped me make my decisions. I really wanted a SMP but after reading about the flaws of this model since the factory closed, I choose the SMP Chrono. Read that the chrono is very close to the gen. Of course the Rolex is a noobie. I have one rolex rep, a comex, but have no idea what the movement is yet. It is very nice and keeps good time, got it through a friend. The one thing I have learned about the comex's though is that they do not have the green hologram on the back but rather a large engraved number and mine does not have the he valve. Learned that there were a few gens toward the end of the production of the comex's that did not have the he valve so it could be pretty authentic other than the back. Yup, im hooked.