When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega Seamaster Pro 300M (21j)

morlock

Due this beauty has been previously reviewed (the ETA version) and extensively discussed, I just want to share some photos of my SMP 300M.

I really like the most the black version over the blue one, I know I am touching a sensitive spot due the blue version loyalist legion is bigger, but this is just a matter of personal preference.

This is a 21j version from Andrew, with some obvious flaws, like:

1.- He valve a little lower

2.- The lume in marker is too greenish, but in its defense, I read somewhere that the older gen were greener than the actual

3.- Pearl is not bad, but it's not right neither. I've seen worst.

Anyway, the flaws are not that big, and other than an expert, I don't think someone is going to notice them at the street.

I hope you enjoy them.

DSC00562.jpg

DSC00561.jpg

DSC00548.jpg

DSC00549.jpg

DSC00555.jpg

And the family gathering photo...... everybody cheers..... :D

SM001.jpg

For the price this isn't a bad rep at all! A little trimming of the CG's to make them look less pointy, and maybe a new bezel insert and this would look fantastic!

As for the Blue vs Black following.....one thing is for sure, everyone loves the Seamaster no matter what colour it is. I had never seen a gen 2254 in the flesh before, and never liked the contrast of the large numbers on the bezel (the black and white) However, I saw one the other night, in the flesh this watch is an absoulte stunner, and something that will become rarer now due to it's discontinuation :(

PS - I just love how that GMT's dial is 'popping' in that last picture!

Very nice black SMP. Maybe even the best one available right now. I had a black GMT with Asian 21J... that was surprisingly accurate and good rep as well. The same maker probably made this as well.

One of the main plusses there is that the GC are at least decent from the start and moddable to be better, som e of the 300 bond types have the worse GC and are not moddable. For the case a very good little watch.

Very nice black SMP. Maybe even the best one available right now. I had a black GMT with Asian 21J... that was surprisingly accurate and good rep as well. The same maker probably made this as well.

Thanks BT.

I know about your GMT, your review was the main reason to buy mine, unfortunately when I got mine from Andrew, he told me that is not available anymore the bezel with the right white/black transition at the 6 and 18 like yours. I don't know if this applies just to the Andrew's providers or to all factories, I don't know either if the GMT is being build in several factories.