When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Noob from U.K.

Hello to all of you.

I've been into watches all my life i guess, from awful digitals as a child to more high-end examples as an adult. My meagre collection currently tops out with a gen Brietling Aerospace, which was a dream of mine to own for many years prior to saving enough money and wrestling with the justification of such an expensive purchace, expensive for me anyway.

I was itching to buy an Omega SMP for a while, but the current economic climate forced me to reconcider, well, until I came across this forum. I had absolutely no idea there was such a following for reps. To be honest, I felt overwelmed at first at the amount of information that you need to absorb to ensure that whatever purchace you concider results in a quality rep. I am amashed to admit that before I saw the light that is R.W.G. I had simply googled the subject and was ready to part with cash on the web-site that looked the flashiest.

May I thank every single one of you that has posted info. Info which I know has saved me from what would definatley have been a lot of money down the drain.

Best Wishes to everyone.

Arniezac.

Welcome to RWG, The best Horological site, the info here can be overwhelming but after a couple of years you will be able to absorb it like a sponge. The membership are very helpfull and with a VERY real comunity spirit. I think at first you may find some thing that have been engineered from here hard to belive that a simple love of watches has brought about so much feeling but it has.

My advise as it is to all new members

Spend you time before you spend your cash.

When you have found what you like and worked out how much you may have lost through failed purchases, please have a think about upgrading and supporting the board.

Welcome. I am a Nooby as well. I have been a member for the past 2 weeks and have learned so much in a short amount of time. I too am into watches and was very pleased when i found this forum. The communication and content is excellent and the people here seem real and with good knowlage for a noob like myself. Anyway, have fun with it.

Brian (US)

Hi

as a Noob myself all i can say is keep on reading !the amount of info on this site is mind bogleing (is that how u spell bogeling ) well you know what i mean.

a bit of practical advice i can give is be carefull about ordering Reps close to christmas as the good ole chancellor (NOT) directed the customs to pull most imports as he was not getting his pound of flesh! (got caught myself )lukily not with a rep, a gen and had to pay the MAN. anyway enjoy ,i know i am ,nice to have another UK noob.

Regards Mac62