When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A few old ones...

JoJo35

Here's a pic of a few watches that aren't particularily popular (except maybe the explorer), but all happened to catch my eye. The gilt explorer of course had me at hello, but the other two kinda grew on me. My latest project is the 1501 date, with cream dial and blue seconds hand (I know freddy, it's not a 6534, but it's still pretty).

Hope you enjoy the pics:

2009_0301Image0030.jpg

2009_0301Image0016.jpg

2009_0301Image0015.jpg

2009_0301Image0017.jpg

Nice ones. I assume these are frankens?

Precisions, Air-Kings and Oyster Dates (and even ExpI's) are very affordable Rolexes, and make very nice collectibles. They're mostly affordable because of the small case size. When I say "affordable" I mean compared to the likes of Sub, GMT and Daytona. Same thing with vintage (smaller) anything.

Lots of affordable good quality vintages from other top Swiss brands out there too... Omega, Zenith, Ebel... small size doesn't make them any less desirable if you like that style.

Thanks for sharing man. :good:

JoJo - They are all popular with knowledgeable watch collectors. Of the 3, the 1501 would be my 1st choice for an all-around wearable Rolex.

All of the watches look gen to me, but since you referred to the 1501 as your 'latest project', I assume you mean these are all frankens? If so, you did an amazing job fitting everything together, even down to finding the most convincing aftermarket datewheel I have ever seen (or fitting a gen datewheel to a non-gen movement). :good: