When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Do the straps sometimes take away from the watch?

mickeypro

So I got this swiss vaclumed steelfish that I usually wear with the beat up rep strap. I ordered an ostrich strap and sometimes feel like the strap takes away from the attention the watch should get (from me at least).... so as opposed to how Pams seem to be improved by the strap, are Breits just the opposite?

P3011782.jpg

P3011785.jpg

This is just my personal opinion:

I simply don't like straps with ANY watches. PO with the rubber strap is an exception. And I have a general dilemma with Breitling: I don't like those polished bracelets, either.

But SFSO with a brushed steel bracelet is pretty much perfect diver watch. I don't like it with a strap at all, although your white version is a little dressier... brown strap doesn't look "out place" on it, but personally I'd wear it only on a bracelet.

The Strap will make or break the Piece .. I am patial to the leather strap with most of the Breitlings.. the genuines are hard to beat .. Andrew is the Breitling Purist .. nothing but genuine straps on his.. but they are worth the price .. IMO .. it's like wearing shoes that don't compliment the suit and pants..