When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How come the women can pull it off?

Limestone

I think women can get away wearing obvious fakes because most women consider their watch just part of their overall jewelry. This is also 1 of the reasons why most women prefer battery-operated to mechanical, regardless of the value or technology involved.

This will be old news for many of the long-time members, but I gave a couple of my early rep watches (this 6263 & a VC fantasy watch) to a female friend who, although she is well aware they are fakes, loves & wears them daily

6263-24HourWinneratDaytonarep1.jpg

I think you might be right there, to them, it is a 100% practical tool. To guys, it's still a tool, but one which becomes comparable. At the end of the day, at least with guys, it all comes down to a 'size thing'.

With regards the watch, heck, I don't know what the flaws might be, but I'd be quite happy to wear that as a daily beater :) Then again, I think we all know that my standards when it comes to a watch pretty much consist of it having hands and telling the time :lol:

Fully agree on this point, most men want to feel they are better earn more ect and by trying to put down what you have makes them feel better.

Spot on, I think :)

although nobody has asked me or called me out, IF someone asks, I'd either just look at him with a <_< face or reply: "What do you think?" If he decides to call out fake, then I'd just give him hmphhhh with a smile, and talk to someone else.

I'm not trying to pass off my rep as a gen, but I think calling someone out is rude, especially in public. I reckon it to calling out a woman's pair as fakes.

Edited by If you see Kay

Hello All,

I am new.Having a wonderful time on the forum so far and noticed this thread, Had to ask the wife about this one.

Called her at the office just now,and asked her a few questions.Her answers are pretty straight forward,she owns her own Law firm so she's the type that doesn't hold back.

: Hey Sweety,got a few Questions for you,got a minute?

-Sure,shoot.

: Your at a party,a women walks in with a

expensive purse,do you ask if it is real or fake?

- Do I know her?

: yes

- Then yes

: What if you don't?

- No,but then we'll take about her and eventually find out.

:All right, next question.It seems to be a fad today that

women are wearing expensive men's watches, either

real or replica as jewelry.

Your at a similar party,wearing one of my watches real or

replica,are you worried about a women asking about its

authenticity?

- A women will not care about what watch I am

wearing.

: What about a man?

- First, a man should not be looking at my watch, and

second if he asks about it he's going to get hurt!

We'll there you go..........Don

I got my mom a replica rolex and everyone thinks it is real at the store, her friends etc. But I would call out ANY and EVERY lady on the public transportation system carrying a Louis Vuitton handbag. NONE of those are real! LOL Coach is iffy but for some reason I can tell which ones are real. Fakes are kinda hard for me. There's plenty of people around here that buy Coach at Macy's. What other stuff do women fake? I saw someone wearing a tiffany necklace on the train once, not sure if that was real or not. Could be real.. kinda doubtful with all the LV bags being carried on there though :)

When I first got into this rep business I was so excited that I told my friends about the details of my purchases. :D This often made my reps a topic of conversation when I'd wear the more eye catching ones. Conversations always sparked debate, and at times, heated debates. :angry: The loud conversations drew attention and I couldn't help thinking how bad it must have sounded to the bystanders. :bangin: I now speak about my purchases only to this forum. :drinks: I find people comment about my watches less often now that I keep my hobby on the Hush. ;) I try not to comment on watches when I am wearing a rep so the topic doesn't even come up. If someone complements my watch I simply say thank you and play stupid on the brand details.

But... Friends, or even acquaintances, calling me out at a dinner party would [censored] me off. :thumbdown:

People that ask the question are insecure. Insecure men don't chat up women, that's why she never gets called out.

When people ask me if my watch is real or fake, I say "it's a real watch, see the second hand moving?"

LOL....I buy a watch for the way it looks, not the name as you can tell in my mixed collection. When I first saw PAMs I was in St. Maarten and I was like OMG I want that watch, WTF is panerai? The answer "$15,000 USD" didn't sit well with me haha but regardless, name meant nothing so I never pretend my reps are real.

But... Friends, or even acquaintances, calling me out at a dinner party would [censored] me off. :thumbdown:

Yeah, it depends on if they are asking out of genuine curiousity (ie, they want one too :lol: ) or if they're just being insecure and trying to "knock a homey's hustle". Questions with interest are welcome, questions with motives are not ;)

People that ask the question are insecure. Insecure men don't chat up women, that's why she never gets called out.

When people ask me if my watch is real or fake, I say "it's a real watch, see the second hand moving?"

LOL....I buy a watch for the way it looks, not the name as you can tell in my mixed collection. When I first saw PAMs I was in St. Maarten and I was like OMG I want that watch, WTF is panerai? The answer "$15,000 USD" didn't sit well with me haha but regardless, name meant nothing so I never pretend my reps are real.

Bang on :tu:

Them - "Nice Watch, is it real?"

Me - "Nice Shoes, are they real?"

Them - "Are my SHOES real???? What an idiotic question!"

Me - "Yes, quite."

I've got to remember that one :good:

... even when i tell them the watch is real 50% of them will still insist its a fake!

I take exactly the opposite tack - whatever I'm wearing I say "I bought it for $20 from a guy on Canal Street"

Then they say "I dunno - looks pretty nice for a fake, I think you're bullshitting me"

Then I just agree with them, and say I was just joking.

I was joking, too - I got it for $300 from Angus in China.

But by now they've convinced themselves it's a Gen, and I don't argue about that.