When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Ap Concept Tourbillon

swdivad

The Reps........................

95751-27334.jpg

95751-27335.jpg

Jeeze, not bad at first glance but who the hell is going to believe me in a $200,000 watch? Is this a "concept" watch? Some of the Basel/Geneva 2006 unveilings were unbelieveable. The craziest one to me was the Jacob and Co. The Quentin, a 31 day manual tourbillion that had rolling printed wheels to display the minutes and hours. It looke like the insides of a 1960's vintage adding machine with a remarkable 1 month power reserve.

95751-27336.jpg

but who the hell is going to believe me in a $200,000 watch?

Why worry?

Hardly anyone out there will have the remotest idea what it is (or its purported worth) unless YOU start telling them.

Always remember that umoungst the 'great unwashed' (and also to a very surprising extent umoungst watch 'buffs' too) the perceived pinnacle of horological spendour is a rather mundane $3 / $4K rudimentry dive watch of dated design.

Anyway I dont beleive reps to be about hoodwinking the world, more a means to 'wear what you like, like what you wear' (without the astronomical price tag).

Ho Hum