When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Canada Post pisses me off!

andreww

I've ordered a new blue Skyland recently. Its my first new watch in about a year, so I'm kind of excited. Usually when I order watches from the far east (I'm in Toronto), it will take 2-3 weeks for delivery, as they usually enter in Vancouver and have to make the long trek across the entire country :( .

Anyway, I was provided a tracking number on the 25th and it showed that the watch had been shipped that day. The next morning (Friday the 26th) I checked the tracking number first thing and was delighted to find that the watch had already entered Canada and was sitting across town awaiting customs clearance. I prayed that I would be one of those lucky "2 day delivery" people, but alas, the status did not change Friday and no delivery came. I checked all weekend, but no change (expected as I don't think Canada Post works weekends). Surely the status would change on Monday morning to show "Out for Delivery"! No such luck!!! Still "Awaiting review by customs". Twelve hours to go round the world, and 4 days to get through customs.

Oh well, as I learned long ago, you need patience in this hobby ;)

Maybe tomorrow.

Good luck with that. Customs has been hit and miss for me...sometimes a few hours to clear...sometimes weeks...but usually not long.

You opted for the blue did you? Excellent. It's a beautiful piece. Did you go for the bracelet?

I'm still waiting 2.5+ months for a package from Australia. I know the shipper is solid and sent it...but I went for the cheaper "boat" shipping which has no tracking...so who knows what has happened to it. My fault for saving a few bucks...and either way, the money was a donation to RWG...so in the end we all win whatever happens to the item.

Yeah, got the SS bracelet and the new rubber strap. The black and grey dials look to similar to my Chrono Avenger, so I went with the blue. I'm waiting for a package from Silix as well, it was sent mid January, so who knows whats happened to that (no tracking). He said he'd send another, but I haven't heard from him since. My patience is getting streeeethched!

Usually 2-3 weeks?...do you have them strap it to a fish?...

Usually 4 days,5 tops for me from Josh,never had any issues with Canada Post aside from the RWG C1 watch i sold to phaedo at the end of October,it never arrived,watch is lost (a shame) and i gave him his money back,Canadaposts 'trace' of lost packages is a complete joke.

Usually 2-3 weeks?...do you have them strap it to a fish?...

Usually 4 days,5 tops for me from Josh,never had any issues with Canada Post aside from the RWG C1 watch i sold to phaedo at the end of October,it never arrived,watch is lost (a shame) and i gave him his money back,Canadaposts 'trace' of lost packages is a complete joke.

Every package I've got, excluding this one, has entered in Vancouver (usually 2 or 3 days after mailing). It usually sits for another few days, then starts moving across the country. After about another few days it arrives at Gateway in Mississauga. Another day or two and it ships to a postal station at Yonge & Front, then is delivered the next day.

I'm hoping the Skyland is sitting at Yonge & Front right now. I'll take a walk down there at lunch and see if I can grab it.

Canada post and customs are two different things. CP has no control over customs and how long they take to clear your shipment and in fact CP sorters do work on weekends they just don't make deliveries, customs however does not which is likely why you didn't receive your watch today. Today will be the first day customs has to review it and Canada Post wont even get their hands on the watch for the first time till after that is done so I think it would be more accurate to say you hate customs and not Canada Post...

Drew... I have long since come the realization that Canada Post works at their own speed ... be it Express or Pony Express .. it takes me double the time to recieve express.. and with the cut backs with the USPS ... the work force is doing triple the routes .. I am told.. lay offs from weak economy... my package could be sitting at the airport and instead of being delivered on Friday.. it will sit there until tomorrow ...

I cannot even get tracking from Canada Post now day's... sign of the times ma man..

good luck in your new aquisition.. can't wait to see some pics..

Aloha~Cheers

Lani

I take it all back! After a quick trip to the local postal station the Skyland is now in hand... or on the wrist :p

I didn't see you out today. I was out for lunch at Front/Simcoe...bloody freezing. Hopefully it's not too cold for that watch coming in from warm, sunny China. :)

Too many layers on to show off that great piece.

Congrats.

LOL, no problem there Toad, it was hanging off my wrist! I dare say that there are very few people that this bracelet won't fit. Had to pull for full links out and move the fine adjustment up three notches to fit my 6.75" wrist. Looks great though, and all of the lume dots look perfect with the naked eye. I'll check it with a loupe later.

LOL, no problem there Toad, it was hanging off my wrist! I dare say that there are very few people that this bracelet won't fit. Had to pull for full links out and move the fine adjustment up three notches to fit my 6.75" wrist. Looks great though, and all of the lume dots look perfect with the naked eye. I'll check it with a loupe later.

The Skyland is an amazing watch. It's funny...I really don't notice it's big until I'm trying to get a shirt cuff over it. :)

Are you making a trip to La Suisse for some gen croc? ;)

The Skyland is an amazing watch. It's funny...I really don't notice it's big until I'm trying to get a shirt cuff over it. :)

Are you making a trip to La Suisse for some gen croc? ;)

Give me a chance to get bored of the bracelet and rubber strap first!