When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gen bezel insert for SMP Chrono?

SMP Chrono

Howdy!

I own a Seamaster Chrono, which I bought back in January 2007. When (all to soon) the Crown tube threads stripped, I brought it to a local watchmaker, and had it fitted with a Gen crown, Gen crown tube, and Gen datewheel, and had it serviced by that opportunity. I had to talk quite a bit before he even opened the watch, but after that he was really surprised at what's inside (Asian 7500 28.8bph). I bet if my watch made it over the past 2 years, it will hopefully be lasting a whole bunch of years more.

As for my question: does the Rep bezel accept a Gen bezel insert? The entire Gen bezel is a little too pricey for my taste, and from what I learned here it won't fit anyway. However, if the insert does fit, where to purchase one? Could anybody point me towards a place or person? Ofrei only features complete bezels. Ah yes, I am in Germany.

Thanks in advance, folks!

Edited by Jaguar-XJR

Sadly you can only buy the genuine bezel insert complete with the bezel :( However in answer to your question, I believe The Zigmeister has been able to fit the insert into the rep bezel, but I'm not sure if it required modding or if it simply dropped in?