When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

new member from Sweden

ante

• 2 weeks later...
Welcoma aboard Andreas . The more scandinavians the merrier. You have reached The place for reps :)

Hey is it true that 1 out of 2 replicas sent to Sweden get confiscated by customs?

I so want to buy one but would not want to risk it if that is the case...

Can anyone shed some light on the issue?

Hey is it true that 1 out of 2 replicas sent to Sweden get confiscated by customs?

It is true. The swedish customs opens everything looking to be anything to add VAT. In Sweden you have to pay VAT (moms in swedish) on anything bought from outside Europe.

It depends on the package. If it comes in a box then it's pretty high risk that they'll open it. But if it's just one watch in a little bubble wrap in a normal envelope it should pass..

Many years ago you could write on the package that it was a gift, then they wouldn't add tax. But nowadays they don't fall for that any more..

Anyway that's my experience and I've bought alot from all over the world (mostly USA) for 10+ years..

I tried to investigate this a couple of months ago. You can read about my findings in the below link (scroll down almost to the bottom).

http://www.rwg.cc/members/Legality-Replica...0&start=100

Also - there are sellers who offer a service to deliver via another EU country (e.g. the UK). That's how I got my watches. Eurotimez and Precious Time are two: www.eurotimez.com and www.ptswiss.com. No customs risk at all.

I recently had one watch arrive directly from Thailand though - padded envelope and bubble wrapped inside. Not checked by customs. This was an exception to my own rule - but the watch wasn't one of the expensive ones - so I went for it anyway.

But - buy from the ones that offer delivery via another EU country - alternatively check which sellers offer refund/replacement if confiscated by customs and you sleep better at night.