When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Blacksteel Rep Released

alanytical

Alright, I'm guessing it's the first maker of the PVD Skyland getting the blacksteel coating right and re-releasing it as an updated version.

Yup, you're right, it has all the tells of a V1&V3 S/S skyland from a non-Hublot maker...better defined crown, wider lugs, wider numbers and hash marks on bezel, longer chrono pushers, lighter red colored hands, exposed metal on stem posts on three small register hands, B13 mov't engraving on the mov't rotor, slightly worse lume dot on bezel 12 o'clock rider tab....etc

I'd say you're pretty much on the money with your guess...let's just hope the price will also follow lines of a more affordable V1/V3 S/S version.

I'm almost certain that this is the V1/3 Skyland with a proper DLC coating. Look at the difference in the pearls (V2 is more accurate) as well as how much closer the numbers on the bezel come to the outer edge on the V2 (also more accurate). Also, the rubber strap on the new one is the old cheap version which is what comes with the V1/3.

Should be interesting to see the price on this one. It should make this watch more accessible to those that can't afford to drop $500 on a rep. I'm hoping that we'll see this in the sub $250 range.

V3 Skyland BS

3.jpg

V2 Skyland BS

3.jpg

I can't see this in the $250 or below range as andreww hoped for above. I can see it being slightly lower but if they priced it at $350 then it would still be significantly cheaper than the other and they would have a higher profit. I can't see them cutting the price too low and leaving that much on the table.

The SS version can be had for $180. DLC costs $200 per watch???

You are trying to find logic in the rep watchmaker, and there is none to be found. In the standard Skyland line the v3 is only $50 bucks or so cheaper than the v2, so why should the v2 be so much more expensive in DLC? PROFIT! And you can't tell me the v2 costs $50 bucks more than the v3 to make in the standard stainless either. You can't say that DLC "costs" $200, but they don't have a problem charging it.

The SS version can be had for $180. DLC costs $200 per watch???

Yeah, the V3 $180 Skylands are now gone (unless D4M organises another crazy group buy deal any time soon)...they start about $210 these days.

So if the more expensive V2 that sells for about $270 now, costs $420 in 'blacksteel' version, the cheaper $210 V3 would be just about right at the $350+ range, but let's wait and see B)

Price is up, $328. This one is NOT DLC it is still PVD, so other than the dial I don't know why they bothered.

Well, they didn't make the watch any worse did they? The PVD looks a shade lighter, and the pushers are no longer gloss black either......

You can't complain about improvements, maybe the $60 price increase, yes....

They did not need to make this because the v2 maker already set the bar high enough to where ANOTHER PVD one would still be looked upon as inferior.

They already made the V1 blacksteel, and before the V2 was released as well. I see no reason why the improvements to an already manufactured watch aren't a good thing for us, the only downside is the completely unjustified price increase....

Never complain about improving the quality of any watch, how does complaining about that help our hobby? I wish the factories spent more time trying to improve their creations ^_^

This is a good option for those wanting to save some cash over the more expensive V2 B)

No argument, the price should have stayed the same, I never said otherwise ;)

The improvements are great though and should be welcomed, the price bump is the slap in the face.....

But at least the factory are actively improving their product, maybe a non cartel dealer will not bump up the price? :p

Let's not jump into conclusions yet, Andrew calls both V2 and V3 Blacksteel models "PVD", although we know the V2 isn't PVD.

So before someone acquires one and confirms the actual finish with the dealer/factory etc, let's keep the hope up :)

...oh, and the cheaper "V3" model Skylands have many things going for them, not only the dial print.