When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Iditarod 2009

Nanuq

Don Bowers was a middle of the pack musher who kept very detailed notes about the trail to Nome. He was killed in a small plane accident a few years back and I saved all his work just because... it's the right thing to do.

If you want a real taste of what it's like to run the Iditarod...

Click here

Don Bowers was a middle of the pack musher who kept very detailed notes about the trail to Nome. He was killed in a small plane accident a few years back and I saved all his work just because... it's the right thing to do.

If you want a real taste of what it's like to run the Iditarod...

Click here

I am not sure I have ever disclosed my fascination and awe when it comes to this sport. At one point I was going to do a week with dogs up on the Minnesota/Canada border, but never followed through. Many thanks for posting this and planting the seed again. Sometimes I feel like I might be the only mainlander who gets geeked up when this stuff is on ESPN.

Better keep an eye on the website, Iditarod is starting again THIS WEEKEND! And I'm pulling for Lance to win it again.

Were you aware he won the Yukon Quest and Iditarod in the same year? All the seasoned mushers said it is impossible to win both 1,000 mile races back to back... and Lance did it. Then he came back last year and did it AGAIN.

The man has raised the bar. Now he belongs up there with Redington, Vaughan, Seavey and his dad.