When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Thoughts on EuroTimez's Vintage Daytona 6263 White Dial?

ThinkBachs

Daytona 6263 White Dial $258

Size: 39mm

Case: 316L Steel

Glass: Plexi crystal

Function: Hours, Minutes, Sub-seconds, Chronograph

Bezel: black bezel ring with tachymeteer

Clasp: Double Deployant

Dial: White with Black sub-dials

Water Resistance: 30m

Specials:

General Description: Asian Lemania copy manual winding chronograph movement

Daytona-6263-White-Dial-RLX-6263-03.jpg

One of my all time favorite watches. I was thinking about adding a vintage riveted bracelet like this

o_JMiM9G3qutz5iSg.jpg

I know it's not perfect but it's one of the first ones that I found. The only thing my amateur eye can pick up is the crown on the clasp but I can live with that until I found a gen version. For $25, seems fair enough for a bang around bracelet. :)

I was hoping to get some feedback from members that have purchased this before... Thanks!

NIce looking watch!

The rep revited bands are crap! The little screws are a pain in the butt to take out and adjust the band. They are also nothing like the gen rivited bands. I have had 5 of them and all of them were like this. I think a Coke can has more steel in it than these rep bands!

There are some nice 19mm solid oyster bands that look great on the watch and will serve you better.

I hope this help!

Overall, for a standard rep, the watch is not bad. But it probably will not fool anyone who knows anything about vintage Rolex watches (which are about the only people who will appreciate a vintage Daytona). And like Indy already said, the rep rivet bracelet is crap. Best to keep the rep solid link bracelet (I do not think this watch is accurate enough to merit the cost of a gen bracelet).

Overall, for a standard rep, the watch is not bad. But it probably will not fool anyone who knows anything about vintage Rolex watches (which are about the only people who will appreciate a vintage Daytona). And like Indy already said, the rep rivet bracelet is crap. Best to keep the rep solid link bracelet (I do not think this watch is accurate enough to merit the cost of a gen bracelet).

I'd rather go without than wear something that screams FAKE! The more I see people customize their vintage watches, the more I like them. Some go too far though for my taste- like the ones that look like they were dug out of a grave or 5 alarm fire...

A watch like this only screams when the person listening knows what to listen for. The thing is that so few people actually know what the real thing looks like, it is highly unlikely that any of the general population will ever hear anything. However, the converse can also be a problem - why spend any more time, effort or money to mod the basic rep if no one (that you generally come into contact with) is going to appreciate (or know) the difference? Therefore, I would say that if you often find yourself in environments where this level of gen watch is routinely sighted, then I would hold off until you can afford a more accurate rep or franken. On the other hand, if you spend most of your time among Blackberries & Iron Mans, then I would grab Eurotimez' rep in a heartbeat & just enjoy wearing a beautiful watch.

freddy333, you are wise sir... Hmmmm.

It may have to wait though, I found this and now I have to sell one of my watches for it...

98095709.jpg

I know, kind of going in a different direction but I keep going back to it. Since this one won't last long, I'll have to start saving my pennies for the one that will.

Daytona 6263 White Dial $258

Size: 39mm

Case: 316L Steel

Glass: Plexi crystal

Function: Hours, Minutes, Sub-seconds, Chronograph

Bezel: black bezel ring with tachymeteer

Clasp: Double Deployant

Dial: White with Black sub-dials

Water Resistance: 30m

Specials:

General Description: Asian Lemania copy manual winding chronograph movement

Daytona-6263-White-Dial-RLX-6263-03.jpg

One of my all time favorite watches. I was thinking about adding a vintage riveted bracelet like this

o_JMiM9G3qutz5iSg.jpg

I know it's not perfect but it's one of the first ones that I found. The only thing my amateur eye can pick up is the crown on the clasp but I can live with that until I found a gen version. For $25, seems fair enough for a bang around bracelet. :)

I was hoping to get some feedback from members that have purchased this before... Thanks!

Does this rep have the 6 o'clock subdial frozen? Or does it "follow" the hour hand?

Does this rep have the 6 o'clock subdial frozen? Or does it "follow" the hour hand?

The Lemania (copy) movement generally used in Daytonas is a bi-compax (2 working subdials). That & the fact that the watch in the picture shows the hour totalizer hand pointing to the 12 (while the hour hand is pointing to the 2), so I think it is safe to say that the hour totalizer is frozen.

Also, when responding, try to avoid reposting an entire previous post if you are only adding a couple of lines at the end.