When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega Speedmaster Date

whitestripes

I just received a black Speedmaster Date. Two flaws that were pointed out in the past were: 1) no dot between 500 and 400 on the tachymetre scale, and 2) dial text too close to the window.

I'm happy to say that my new watch has the dot and the text is spaced perfectly away from the box. I'd show pics, but every time I have spare cash I tend to put it towards a new watch! I'm telling you, ask your dealer if you wanna buy one of these--they have fixed some of the minute flaws. The "clown feet" are still there, though.

I'm planning on getting it Chief AR coated. Not sure how strong the coating is on the gen, but mine is pretty damn reflective in comparison to my $100 Narikaa PO, which is actually quite good!

Does anyone know the best way to acquire a flat feet Omega logo? I heard you can buy them from Silix on one of his dials and switch it, but I'd rather not buy an entire new dial. The rep factories should just make a bunch of flat feet and sell them to us. Of course, it'd be nicer if they could just have flat feet from the start...

Here are some pics:

Experts: please check out the regulator on the balance wheel bridge... I was under the impression that these were not found on Asian 7750s!

100_1303.jpg

100_1305.jpg

Beautiful caseback:

100_1306.jpg

I screwed up the picture, but you can see the 450 dot (next to the piece of dust) and the text spacing:

100_1307.jpg

What's the deal with the movement? What is that thing?

I suspect mine is lowbeat... can anyone tell from the pics?

Put the watch to your ear in a quiet room, you should hear 7-8 beats per second. Compare it to any ETA movement, a high beat movement will sound the same. A slow beat movement will sound like 5-6 beats per second, the audible difference is noticeable, at least to me it is :D

I would suggest your watch is high beat ;)

Cheers! B)

I just handled the gen at an AD. Holy crap this rep is good. I would have a hard time picking out differences side by side (if I were not a WIS). What I did notice was the chrono seconds hand was a bit longer on the gen, and of course the clown feet on the Omega. Of interest--I always read that winding gen watches would be super smooth, but as I wound the gen it felt just like my rep!