When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Doxa question

Nanuq

I have what I hope is a simple question: both my vintage Doxa divers have the same weirdness. From what I can glean in Google, they're both powered by the ETA 2472.

Periodically I'll notice that the watch is still ticking and the seconds hand is moving normally but the minute and hour hands have stopped moving. They are not touching, nor is the seconds hand touching them. When I reset the time, it takes off and works normally. One of them never does it while I wear the watch but it will do it when I take it off overnight. The other one does it sporadically, even when I'm wearing it.

So my question: is this a matter of a simple cleaning and (hopefully) an adjustment? I'm hoping it's just a sloppy or worn jewel that's letting a wheel come out of contact with its neighbor. And since this is an ETA movement, if a staff is worn, shouldn't parts be readily available?

Thanks in advance!

Yeah there's sharks circling for sure. I think it will end about where it did last time he listed it... around $2800. That seems like a lot, but consider how much a vintage Rollie would go for, if there were only 5 or 6 of them in existence!

If he does sell it (meets his reserve) it would be nice to know where it goes. Gotta keep track of the herd!

Ah, unfortunately the Black Lung went to someone else. Although I did find out who the lucky winner is for the T-Graph Sub 200, an over-the-top cool Doxa if ever there was one! :tu:

@Shundi, if you ever see another BL for sale, you better pawn a kidney and buy the thing. I know of 5 proven examples now, in the entire visible universe.

The gauntlet is tossed!

Seriously, that was a heck of a score with your T-Graph Pro. :tu:

So when do we post up photos of what we've been up to? I guess after your TGPro arrives ... assuming of course that it's REAL and not just a cardboard cutout?!

dr_evil.jpg