When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pondering.....

scotty

I've been fairly conservative in watches so far. Basically PAM and Omega.

But I've started hankering over something more blingy/spectacular, for spring summer. And the rose gold/black combination is really growing on me.

Small shortlist:

Hublot BB Rose Gold/carbon dial

UN Maxi Marine RG / Rubber / black face

AP ROO - all SS or maybe RG version. Not rubber bezel as I've read too many horror stories of peeling....

I can't decide.....

I've read reviews and opinions, and have an overall idea of each ones reliability and closeness to gen.

But I'm stumped to decide which to go for......

Was in Genevre airport this week, and tried on the AP and Hublot. Different but both very nice.

Strangely the AP didn't feel like a

The RG AP ROO only comes with the rubber bezel, apart from the limited editions. Gen msrp are close to $40k.

I have not seen the rep yet, but i have the rubberclad SS and the rubber bezel seems fine to me.

I also have the UN MMD RG. fantastic watch too. apart from minor things(to me) like the date cyclops, rotors and the screw.

look here if you are interested:

great review by robbie, http://www.rwg.cc/members/Ulysse-Nardin-Ma...hro-t91917.html

HBB- I was looking at it but it was too expensive compared to the others and I chose the AP. the gen followed (copied) AP ROO's style, if I am not mistaken. I am interested in the all back though.

May I suggest you look into the concord C1? I have that one too. excellent rep.

Edited by arrowax

Go for the UN!!! I held the SS version of this watch at our GTG, as well as some gen UN's and I am now a huge UN fan. I have some other purchases to make first but the RG UN Maxi Marine will definatley be in my collection soon.

Also this is a very high quality watch. It's build quality is as good or better than any rep I have seen.

Good choices mate.....interestingly...I have all three of them (HBB RG/Ceramic, AP ROO Rubberclad with Steel bracelet, UN SS & RG both....black face) :p

I am planning on getting the RG AP ROO....but waiting for black dial version.

I would say....from a visual perspective....all three of them are fairly close to the gens.

All of them have their quircks as well....

...HBB has a sunken datewheel/Rotor has stickers on it (depending on what version you buy)....

...AP ROO....no AR on cyclop.....I got the rubber bezel replaced and it's been holding up pretty good since then. But if you go for all steel...you can't go wrong with it.

...UN (I have both SS and RG black)....very nice feel....rotor is pretty good too....however, the rotor and caseback markings on the RG are completely off.....basically they are the same as the SS version...just RG plated.

Of the three....AP wears the biggest....followed by HBB and then the UN.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Great feedback and great pics L.

Still a difficult decision.......

One thing over the ROO's I'm not convinced about is the strap/bracelet tapering.

I'm tending towards the HBB or UN.....

Honestly...not a biggie with the bracelet tapering on AP ROO. In-fact, between the three....AP is the only one you can get with a steel bracelet (unless you consider the new breed of HBBs that have come with bracelets)

Cheers