When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bently GT

mrshagz

Im assuming there hasnt been a V2 of the GT made yet. From everything I read about it, was a good rep for its time. Like By-Tor mentioned, standards have changed. I really want a breitling but I find the skyland is to military to me, even though its 45mm it doesnt appear as so with such a large bezel.. the EVO is too dressy and small, and the Super Avenger is just way too big. So I was leaning towards the GT, even though its just under 45mm it appears larger cause of no bezel. With that conclusion Im torned on what to get.

I like bigger watches, 15-17mm thick, with thick bands, but with a more open face... Any ideas other makers?

Get the SFSO. One of the best reps ever done.

Blue dial color isn't exact vs. gen. Get the white or black dial if you want the most accurate. If you like blue, get the blue.

This is a stunning watch/rep.

1copy.jpg

hey mate,

i own the GT rep (racing edition) it is indead- a beautiful watch and so far, my all time fave rep :)

i dont know of a V2 of this rep, but it's a great out-the-box rep anyway, the only "big" tell is the inner bezel that is thicker then gen, and the lack of AR- although i have the "racing" edition rep, which advertised as having "light AR", most people said it's not so visible or usable AR, but i guess i got lucky cause mine came with the light AR- which is pretty good and my crystal is almost invisible in most angels under sunlight.

if you want "the best GT rep", i could suggest you to choose the GT model you like (e.g. black, blue, white dial, bracelet, strap etc..) and after receiving it- wear it for awhile to see everything works properly, then send it to chief for a tight double AR, it should look amazing after doing this!

the inner bezel issue was not solved yet, as much as i'm concerned.

good luck :)

Lousy is definitely an exaggeration.

The Bentley GT is not the best but far from the worst and I am only comparing reps from our top end dealers not the crap that is sold on Canal Street, those are lousy reps.

There are 2 versions of this watch:

GT: came out in beginning of 2006 (polished everywhere, back has wings logo engraved)

GT Racing: came out in beginning of 2007 (mixture of burhsed and polished, back has a car engraved)

The second version has a much better engravings and as mentioned has single sided factory AR.

Both are technically corect becuase the gen comes in both varieties as well.

The GT bezel, case, etc.. is done as well as any rep known to this forum.

Standards have changed in 2 years as stated. A 2007 great rep is not a great rep in 2009 I agree with that.

However I still think this is a good rep not a lousy one.

Out of the Bentley line only the Flying B and 6.75 are better reps out of the box than the GT and those both have flaws visible as well.

They have never gotten the Bentley font right so all Bentleys are going to have date font issues.

There are better Breitling reps namely the SFSO, Skyland, BCE, etc... but there are also worse Breitling reps out there.

The inner bezel is not great, the date font sucks, and the lack of double AR can and should be fixed other than that this is a great rep.

All reps have flaws, this watch is no different. Had they made this in 2009 they would have likely fixed the date font and improved upon the AR.

The best factory AR though sucks compared to Chief's. They probably would have a slightly better bracelet, but barely noticable.

The case and bezel would be no different, ther eis nothing wrong with them as is.

Maybe a 3rd version of the watch will come out but I highly doubt it the rep factories would rather make a new Breitling model they have yet to make rather than redo one from a few years back.

If you like the watch go for it, don't worry about every inaccuracy, AND don't but a 49 MM watch if it is too big for you just becuase it is a more accurate rep.

I think the white dial is the best choice as it does not call attention to the inner bezel problem and if you are too cheap to double AR the watch the lack thereof is less noticable on the white dial.