When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The New IWC Ceramic Top Gun

breitling&omega

I just found out about a flaw on the the dial, two grey circles are missing around the sub dial rings, pretty obvious flaw :(

Genuine:

homeimage735951.jpg

Hopefully this will be fixed in a new revision maybe? Definitely not worth $500+, even more so with dial errors.....

are you sure the dial is supposed to have grey circles? they look like reflections from the lighting to me. Look at the bottom part of the minutes subdial @ 12...

Edited by PhilVT

Just visiting from next door...

Recieved this sexy thing today.

Shipped Monday from GZ and Angus, arrived Wednesday here in Sweden.. :applause:

Some say it's overpriced, and it might just be.. but what is the correct price for a rep ?? This is in ceramic/ti and looks fabulous, and don't forgett it was made with a gen as sampel.. ;)

And the strap.. rubbish according to some, OK according to me, little stif initially, but nice and smooth after some time.

Keeps time so far, but hav to get back about that in a couple of days.

Anyway, snapped some pics, enjoy.

(pics are directly out of camera, lack of time.. better pics another day with correct optics and a clean lens in my cam)

IMG_1009_1.jpg

Titanium pushers

IMG_1011.jpg

IMG_1012.jpg

IMG_1015.jpg

IMG_1017.jpg

IMG_1019.jpg

IMG_1022.jpg

IMG_1025.jpg

IMG_1026.jpg

Yes, I'm a pale, hairy dude :)

IMG_1030.jpg

IMG_1033.jpg

IMG_1035.jpg

Singel AR vs dubble AR

IMG_1036.jpg

Singel AR, Dubble AR, No AR

IMG_1041.jpg

And again

IMG_1045.jpg

Edited by Chrissej

Stop it all of you! You are makeing me jelous. I want one! This was one of the first reps that caught my eye when I first arrived on the boards and I have been waiting for a decent one ever since. Now I have to find a way of paying for one. Think I'll wait a while and see what the price does.

Col.

are you sure the dial is supposed to have grey circles? they look like reflections from the lighting to me. Look at the bottom part of the minutes subdial @ 12...

The genuine 100% has grey circles around the 6 and 12 position sub dials, whereas the replica has jet black circles :mellow:

Here are a couple of genuine pictures:

030209a.jpg

sany0545vy2.jpg

Not my pictures, so they aren't the best, but it is very clear there should be grey coloured rings around the sub dial, a lighter colour than the actual dial and hands etc.....

It is not a jet black colour, darker than the dial and hands. You would think for the extremely high price, if they had the genuine to work from, they would get it right. Did they really have the gen "in hand" to make this? I have my doubts :p

The picture you posted is just reflection off the gloss black paint :p

As for the low resolution gen photo, I can still see the grey circles ;)

It is an expensive $500+ rep, and it's ultimately flawed, still, nice AR and case construction, hopefully they will fix the dial ^_^

EDIT: Looks like the hour marker numerals on the replica are too thin, the genuine has a much thicker font.

Chrissej, what can you tell us about the strap?

I'm waiting for my TG, and thinking about get the gen strap... :blush:

It's stiff, but better after some usage.. I'm keeping mine on for now atleast.

Believe the gen strap is stiff initially aswell

Hi,one question,how does the ar hold up on normal wear from clothing etc,on the Top Gun?can always send the crystal in for a new coating,but not once a month.I guess coating service from members here on the forum are better than the "swiss" standards the asian produsers come up with.I personally think that the Ar on the TG "does" the watch.Will "treat" myself later today by ordering one :p

Regards

Terje