When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The New IWC Ceramic Top Gun

breitling&omega

Is that two hands up for you Lani? Great photos btw and thanks for sharing as I enjoy reading your posts.

So why do I ask......actually, I just wanted to gauge how people on the forum value this new TG. Pricing a product can be hit and miss, and not until it is put onto the market will one know how the people/consumers value the item.

I myself like the ceramic IWC and would even consider getting a gen. However, I think imo, that the gen is overpriced at $7000- usd not to mention $10800- for the doppel and non of these are truely limited watches. So a rep, especially one as good as this can be a solution until I really decide whether or not to go with the gen.

Funny enough, many members here have voiced their opinions in regards to the pricing on the rep also. Stating that it is overpriced and in some ways I would agree, especially when there is dust inside the crystal and with mechanical failures immediately upon delivery.

So far we know there are 5 or 6 sold, I'm guessing Lani probably has two so he doesn't have to change straps for the evening look. Would like to know if there are more.

keep up the good work guys!

So far we know there are 5 or 6 sold, I'm guessing Lani probably has two so he doesn't have to change straps for the evening look. Would like to know if there are more.

You do realize that not everyone who bought one here is going to answer this thread. I'm sure only a small percentage of any watch bought by members here is actually posted on.

That's fine and so I am aware. People who do research don't get everyone to follow-up either but it doesn't stop them from trying. At least you and I would know that there is as least XXXX out there ;) And besides, I am not counting to the exact as long as I know they sold a healthy number so maybe $468- isn't overpriced afterall.

That's fine and so I am aware. People who do research don't get everyone to follow-up either but it doesn't stop them from trying. At least you and I would know that there is as least XXXX out there ;) And besides, I am not counting to the exact as long as I know they sold a healthy number so maybe $468- isn't overpriced afterall.

Actually with delivery the price is over $500, and it is well over priced, the old version was half that cost, and was made of ceramic too (just gloss, not matt) ;)

A bit of titanium and a new day/date wheel does not equal $250 or so.....

Cheers! :)

A bit of titanium and a new day/date wheel does not equal $250 or so.....

Unfortunately it does if it sells.

Just like the Ball diver watch that was put on sale...if it doesn't sell...and they have too much stock...they will reduce the price. If the demand is there...there is no need to adjust.

I bought one as well. And right after i have received it and wear it the same day it's already NOT working anymore. Now i do have to send it back. I really hate that because it was a lot of money. I bought it at Trusty Time, Andrew.

WOW these watches have a really high failure rate, and yet peeps are still buying them for this silly price :rolleyes: