When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

tudor non clicking bezel help

equis

Hi , I need help.

I bought a vintage tudor 7828 (phong case no hole hole to fix anything) but it has :o a non clicking bezel;does anybody know if i change the complet set (retainig ring, spring etc..) that could be the way?(a seller on the bay proposes several "kit" and writes me that the kit for vintage doesn't need any click spring.

I don't understand anything.

If someone could help me .

Many thanks

That should be a friction fit bezel, without a click. Perfectly normal. A click was added as a safety feature a few years later, to newer models. Same with Rolex too.

That should be a friction fit bezel, without a click. Perfectly normal. A click was added as a safety feature a few years later, to newer models. Same with Rolex too.

thanks for your reply Nanuq , and that friction bezel is the way to have a nice "noise " when you rotate the bezel?

So which part would i need ?

Do a search for descriptions of a bezel assembly for a seadweller or 5513 or 1680. Eunomians and Ubiquitous have done nice pictorials that show the correct pieces.

Basically there's a retaining ring, a dished spring and the bezel. The dished spring provides the upward friction so you need to press down on the bezel to turn it.

You shouldn't hear any click at all with your Tudor's bezel. It's built just like a Rolex 5513 bezel.

That model is not supposed to 'click'. The bezel is designed to turn freely (in both directions, before you ask) without any click-stops.

Below the bezel, there should be a thin, flat spacer which is slightly bent in the middle, which makes it act like a spring. When placed under the bezel, it places a small amount of upward pressure against the bezel keeping it in place (so it does not turn by itself). When you want to turn the bezel, you press down & turn. When you let go, the springy spacer locks the bezel in place where you set it.

If you buy 1 of the pmwf inserts, which is often alot more accurate than the inserts that come on commercially made reps & frankens, it usually comes with the spacer, which you then bend to fit your watch.