When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP ROO seconds @ 12 HELP!

anics

Hi guys....

So a few months ago I posted about my AP ROO "issues".... those being a $500+ AP ROO shipped to me from China in bubble wrap that proceeded to work for about a week and then promptly died. After numerous attempts to get it fixed by what can only be described as a lunatic here in Spain I finally tracked down (thanks to another RWG member) a very nice watchmaker in the UK that was willing to take a look at it.....

So, I spoke to the guy in the UK yesterday (he's had the piece for about 5 weeks now) and here's where I'm at......

In his opinion the A7750 seconds @ 12 movement in my AP ROO has expired, it is an ex movement. He doesn't think I should scrap it (nor do I!!!!!) and he is trying to track down a "reasonably priced" Swiss movement to get the watch up and running again... Hmmmmmmm, this IS gonna cost me!

So if anyone can help, here's what I am looking for....

Either a Swiss movement that will slot into the AP ROO and 're-animate' it.....

or another A7750 running seconds at 12 movement.....

If anyone has such movement(s) for sale or maybe knows where I (and my watchmaker friend) may track one down please drop me a line.

My watchmaker is obviously looking as well and I assume he has better contacts than me but hey, I haven't had my AP ROO on my wrist since November 08 and I'm rather sad about that!

Thanks for taking the time to read this B)

Regards

A

Hi,

This is Ms helen from China .For the new Asia 7750 movement,it is very delicate ,you should read the watch Q&A before using .

For the movement , i can try to get it for you .But the price will be expensive for just only the movement . Do you have MSN or others that we can chat online ?

Helen

Sorry to hear your news and I cann't help but I hope you don't mind me jumping on your thread. My (new arrival) AP ROO DOA, could this be a common problem with the AP ROO sec@12.

No probs. I have read some pretty decent reviews of the movement here at RWG, although the watchmaker I am using (ex rolex and omega guy) reckons it's awful?

All I can say is that the AP ROO I had has been nothing but trouble. Period. That being said other members seem very happy with theirs so maybe it's just a crap shoot?

A

Hi,

This is Ms helen from China .For the new Asia 7750 movement,it is very delicate ,you should read the watch Q&A before using .

For the movement , i can try to get it for you .But the price will be expensive for just only the movement . Do you have MSN or others that we can chat online ?

Helen

Hi Helen

Thanks! Unfortunately I do not have MSN but feel free to PM me with the price etc....

Regards

A

Why not simply service the movement and fix the problems?

You'll never find a running seconds at 12 ETA, and even if you did, the price would be out of this world, and it probably won't fit the rep case anyway...

Simple solution, service the movement, or is the watchmaker not able to service a 7750??

RG

Why not simply service the movement and fix the problems?

You'll never find a running seconds at 12 ETA, and even if you did, the price would be out of this world, and it probably won't fit the rep case anyway...

Simple solution, service the movement, or is the watchmaker not able to service a 7750??

RG

Hi The Zigmeister

The problem is that I gave it to a guy in Spain to service first and he messed it up. I didn't find this out until the guy in the UK opened it up. Apparently things in there are broken. I have no idea what?

I spoke to him yesterday and he said he had stripped it down and cleaned it but when he put it back together it kept falling apart?

I presume that even if it were broken it would be fixable with the right parts?

Have seen that Richard Lawton is selling the same piece on another thread for about $280 (busted screw thread) and am seriously considering cutting my losses, buying that and then getting my old AP case back from the UK and swapping the movements over. That may be the cheaper option in the long run? You think?

I have no idea how much a 7750 movement would cost otherwise......

What I should have done is sent it straight back to the dealer when it stopped working but I was a little 'green' back then..... costly mistake!!!!!

Really appreciate the input The Zigmeister, thanks man......

A

That sucks, sorry to hear it. Maybe put a WTB on here or repgeeks for a used AP ROO and use that movement if you like your face. I bought one of these over a month ago, keep it on a watch winder constantly, play with the chronos occasionally, and have never had a problem. but I got it from Andrew and he's, so far, had the best quality watches IMHO.