When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Modded AP ROO

Just picked up a gen safari brown hornback croc strap as well, but you will have to wait for those pics.

This thing glows brighter than a relumed PAM, The Zigmeister did an unbelievable job on this one!

True C3 color, looks more green in person when not charged than it does in these photos.

watches221a.jpg

watches150.jpg

watches148.jpg

watches161.jpg

watches163.jpg

Nice!.....I have to have mine done soon!

But, ya.....what happend to the bezel screws? They're way off tangent! You have to check it out! Be carefull koz it might affect your water resistance! IMHO!

That was my initial disassembly mess up.

The damage seems much worse in these macro photos than in person with the watch in hand.

I may need to readjust the screw heads though becuase I think symettrically they should all lineup?

This watch is a bear to take apart,unfortunately...

Looking at the screw damage from an engineering point of view only it seems to me that it would be unnecessary to even put a screwdriver head into them as they are captive screws and would be held by the bezel.

Surely only the backs need to be tightened!

Or am I missing something?

Yes, you are correct...I know this now

They are held behind by little tiny nuts. They do not unscrew from the front,one was done by me and one damaged by someone else who I thought knew what they were doing (watch smith I was using over the summer...not anyone on this board). Only 2 have marks that can be seen by the naked eye, keep in mind these close ups are like looking through a loupe.

It is complex contruction the caseback screws are not holding the fronts in the little nuts behind the fronts are.

Not lining them up is my fault...honestly I don't even look, or notice, or know these types of details - that is until it's pointed out and then it's plain to see.

My focus is on the servicing and the mechanical issues with the watch, as well as the lume.

RG

:notworthy:

excellent work yet again! :notworthy:

Yes, you are correct...I know this now

They are held behind by little tiny nuts. They do not unscrew from the front,one was done by me and one damaged by someone else who I thought knew what they were doing (watch smith I was using over the summer...not anyone on this board). Only 2 have marks that can be seen by the naked eye, keep in mind these close ups are like looking through a loupe.

It is complex contruction the caseback screws are not holding the fronts in the little nuts behind the fronts are.

Not lining them up is my fault...honestly I don't even look, or notice, or know these types of details - that is until it's pointed out and then it's plain to see.

My focus is on the servicing and the mechanical issues with the watch, as well as the lume.

RG

Sorry Roger and RG, but on the ROO, this is a big give away when they are not aligned symmetrically ( is there such a word.....LOL)! That's one thing I noticed right away after looking

at the GEN and my first concern when I buy my REP ROO!

Hike

No worries The Zigmeister ; I am more than pleased with the lume job and servicing.

I believe lining them up should be relatively easy (will have to open the back though)

The screwheads have nothing to do with The Zigmeister, I mentioned this previously just wanted to make sure that was stated officially.

• 3 weeks later...