When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Servicing Question

retroboy

Hello,

I am close to pulling the trigger on this watch from Ruby:

http://www.nicereplica.com/pro_detail.php?ProId=79

After reading Zig's guides, I have a simple question. If I follow his directions after receiving the watch, will this movement work properly or should it be serviced before I even think about touching it?

If I took a bowling ball into a bathroom, there would be two possible results. I would either break the ball or manage to flush it down the toilet. So, the last thing I want to do is destroy a beautiful Navitimer through my own negligence/ignorance. :p

Please fill me in.

Thanks to you all.

I'd personally err on the side of caution if you decide you love the watch and want to keep it for a long time and have it serviced within 9 months of receiving it but I've personally never had problems with the newer A7750 movement and I don't keep rep watches long enough for me to actually service them.

Those large breitlings are too gaudy for my taste. It has been said that any chinese movement should be reliable as long as you keep it serviced. Some people do service a brand new watch, but I haven't. I think dealers I've been dealing with have been usually inspecting the watches before they ship and possibly servicing some of them.

I'm with Shundi. Do nothing but wear it...as per the care and feeding instructions of The Zigmeister. Keep it for at least a couple months and figure out if you really like the watch. If you love it and want to make sure you have it over the long haul...consider servicing.

If you merely like it but have it just as part of a rotation instead of being a cornerstone of your rotation...just wear it down and replace the watch when the time comes. It coud be as little as a year...or as long as MANY...individual mileage varies immensely on the lifespan of unserviced A7750 watches.

• 1 month later...

Just an update,

I received the watch from Ruby about 3 weeks ago. It is beautiful and works perfectly! (For now) Ordered the black "leather" band extra and the whole thing just looks awesome!

Unfortunately for me, as many here predict, I now have to have more reps! The SuperOcean Heritage, in brown, will be coming next.

I am also bird-dogging a winder. Which way does the movement on this Navi have to be rotated on a winder?

Thanks so much.