When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Guys...i Need Your Help...

MADRED7

.....dealer ANGUS!

Hi All,

I just posted this thread in the General Discussion (and not in Dealers Review) cause I want to get as many opinions and news as I can get.

Some 5 weeks ago I had my normal monthly contact with Angus, telling him I need 2 of his fine watches (Marina Militare NO crown guard)......just for some nice projects I have in my mind.

He replied as allways saying: "Yes I do have, please send 476$ to my new PPaccount!"

I did so cause Angus allways came through in the last months.

But now as he has some problems I never heard of him. I paid him 10 minutes after his price-info hit my in-box, I am a responsible buyer, I am fast and serious. Now I really don´t know what to do,seems I am the only one waiting on a PureTime watch.

Saw some posts stating Angus has problems (I know), he was seen online these days (got no message), but still have a 1/2-grand-plus on Angus side and a 2-watches-minus on my side.

Guys, I do not want to blame him, I was in trust 2 weeks ago, but now I just fear my money went through the roof and I need all your advice what to do!

- has anyone of you got a message from PureTime recently?

- has anyone of you spoken to Angus?

- does anyone of you know what happened to him?

- can someone inform him that I STILL wait?!

All help deeply appriciated, thanks from a now shitty-pant-Theo :(

Edited by PAM1A

Man, what a bummer. I have bought about 3 watches from Angus, including my very first rep....In fact, I think I was one of his first customers to buy from Angus. He always treated me awsome! fast replys, fast shipping great support.

I know he had some personlal/family BS going on...than many "where is Angus" posts started to apear...

I sincerly hope everything works out for you PAM1A, And I hope Angus is able to resurface and return to being a stellar dealer...

When you have posted this a couple of weeks ago to the Dealers section I though that things were bad.

But now that people started to get their watches I believe that eventually you will get them.

You waited 5 weeks and if things were not that good on Angus side he needs time to get on his feet I guess...

Thx guys for your words.

It´s not that I want to blame Angus or give him another problem to cope with.......it´s just that I need to talk/write about to release some of the pressure in me.

Keep me updated and informed.........give me your help.

Theo

Thx guys for your words.

It´s not that I want to blame Angus or give him another problem to cope with.......it´s just that I need to talk/write about to release some of the pressure in me.

Keep me updated and informed.........give me your help.

Theo

Hi Theo,

I see your point and you are very kind in trying to avert any inflammatory or accusatory tone to your questions. I've never dealt with Angus but from other's experience I'm sure he'll be contacting you or sending the watch straight to you. Even though dropping a one liner 'watch on the way.thxs' takes 10 seconds...it is impossible to tell the 'reality' the other person is going through at the other end of the line...hold on tight...I'm sure you'll get the items you ordered! One of the great advantages of the forum is the trustworthiness of the dealers! :victory:

Cheers

Alex

...hold on tight...I'm sure you'll get the items you ordered! One of the great advantages of the forum is the trustworthiness of the dealers!

Easy to say when it isnt your $476.00 !!!!!!!! I feel for you PAM1A. Everyone always replies with the same wishy washy crap. You gave your hard earned cash to someone to which you deserve some kind of reply.

Man I hope all works out for you but in the end it may not. You will not be the first to lose money and you will not be the last.

MG

@all

1) first of all I don´t want to blame any dealer for a non-delivery and even for a no-message-policy......as there are trusted dealers (btw....all I made business with were top notch).....there must be a serious reason for not beeing online to drop a short line telling the status!

Noone can ever imagine what those probs can be, hey guys what the dealers do is ILLEGAL we should not forget!!!

2) yes of course it´s nearly 500 hard earned bucks I paid to receive nothing (so far), but it´s also illegal for the buyer....so it is risky to be in this business. I am not saying that I give a [censored] on the money, it is just that I (as a customer) need to have reputation as well....I order a lot of watches, I pay lightning fast......and so I expect a good service.

The very worst moment in my rep-customer-career was the f**king CRAZY SALE; I did not loose my money, it was just a horror 9 weeks wait on a refund and then it turned out as a payment (not a refund...and of course PP took some fees :( )...please not again.

I am a bit cooler now, calmed down, but it´s still a hard time waiting on a watch to be delivered (...but hey, you guys know that this is the sissling part of our hobby :) )

Long say......please share your info on ANGUS, if you had contact, if he is fine, when he will be back....

Thx for your input, ....just love the community, best wishes

Theo

Theo,

I think you are doing precisely the right thing by posting on the board that while you are making no accusations, you want to know if anyone has information that might help you about what Angus might be up to. If this thing gets rolling into a big enough ball then Angus will almost certainly have to address it. I wish everyone would be patient and civil enough to deal with their problems like you, instead of alerting paypal if they don't get their watches the next day. Best of luck to you, I would be hopeful everything will work out OK.

Long say......please share your info on ANGUS, if you had contact, if he is fine, when he will be back....

I think it's safe to say Angus is having problems. It's also a safe guess to assume he'll not show his face until he's dealt with it.

I assume he's in a hole and trying to get out. This, by the way, could happen to a lot of our dealers, especially if we push them too hard and lodge paypal complaints and the like. What was it a wise friend once said? You're sometimes only three missed mortgage payments from homelessness.

2) yes of course it´s nearly 500 hard earned bucks I paid to receive nothing (so far), but it´s also illegal for the buyer....so it is risky to be in this business. I am not saying that I give a [censored] on the money, it is just that I (as a customer) need to have reputation as well....I order a lot of watches, I pay lightning fast......and so I expect a good service.

Ok

Good luck mate.

Just for the record I do not condone reporting to paypal.

Easy to say when it isnt your $476.00 !!!!!!!! I feel for you PAM1A. Everyone always replies with the same wishy washy crap. You gave your hard earned cash to someone to which you deserve some kind of reply.

Man I hope all works out for you but in the end it may not. You will not be the first to lose money and you will not be the last.

MG

It IS easy to say...and I'd be jumping up and down... but PAM1A is keeping his cool and refraining from flaming anybody, yet...in general the dealers in the forum always come through. Dropping a one liner takes 10 seconds and would have brought reassrance and also is a good bussiness practice...especially after receiving almost $500...that is the least one deserves: "Got payment...watch on the way".

I was pointing out that PAM1A is keeping it cool and I applauded that. I hope Angus ships the stuff pronto...

savvyy?

A

Dropping a one liner takes 10 seconds and would have brought reassrance and also is a good bussiness practice.

How many one-liners does he need to drop, though?

I understand Angus is trustworthy and that he must be having serious problems. If I were in his position, I'd lay very low too, and I'd not be promising anything I couldn't live up to.

I don't know him personally, but I expect one or two people here may know what's going on and not feel comfortable with sharing. I'm not one of those people, but it's easy to imagine.

Pug, you are right, as I said...it is impossible to know what's going on on the other end of the line... he received $500...takes 10 seconds to acknowledge...even advising the customer that the shipment could be delayed...Not sure what's going on with Angus and I hope he is alright but what created the issue was the lack of communication from the seller (we wouldn't discussing this today...)

A

How many one-liners does he need to drop, though?

I understand Angus is trustworthy and that he must be having serious problems. If I were in his position, I'd lay very low too, and I'd not be promising anything I couldn't live up to.

I don't know him personally, but I expect one or two people here may know what's going on and not feel comfortable with sharing. I'm not one of those people, but it's easy to imagine.

Why dont you fellas send me $500 I might reply I might not. Give it a shot and see what happens but if you dont hear from me remember not to fret. I will pass on my paypal to those who need it and make sure u pay lighting fast as I gots bills to pay.

MG

Hehe :bleh:

Why dont you fellas send me $500 I might reply I might not. Give it a shot and see what happens but if you dont hear from me remember not to fret. I will pass on my paypal to those who need it and make sure u pay lighting fast as I gots bills to pay.

MG

Hehe :bleh:

:thumbsupsmileyanim::clap3:

Guys, it´s not that Angus took my 500 and off he went...2 weeks after I paid and after he delivered some watches to some other members he dropped me a line saying: "....Dear GT, sorry, sorry...please send pic´s of the watches you want and I will ship asap!"

OK, i did so....mmmh, he forgot what watches I paid for, mmmh he must be in deep deep trouble.

So he did come up with a one-liner, but that message now turns out to be the last thing he did for some weeks now!

Someone here must be in contact with him, please pm me and just give a tiny hint or update on Puretime!

Thx, Theo

Edited by PAM1A

weeks after I paid and after he delivered some watches to some other members he dropped me a line saying: "....Dear GT, sorry, sorry...please send pic´s of the watches you want and I will ship asap!"

Comforting

Lol Im Done sorry I stuck my nose in here.

MG

Guys, it´s not that Angus took my 500 and off he went...2 weeks after I paid and after he delivered some watches to some other members he dropped me a line saying: "....Dear GT, sorry, sorry...please send pic´s of the watches you want and I will ship asap!"

OK, i did so....mmmh, he forgot what watches I paid for, mmmh he must be in deep deep trouble.

So he did come up with a one-liner, but that message now turns out to be the last thing he did for some weeks now!

Someone here must be in contact with him, please pm me and just give a tiny hint or update on Puretime!

Thx, Theo

Any news on the matter Theo?

Thanks for asking Kostas,

but NO...no news, no info, no nothing!

I sent him an email again, made the offer to just refund the money (if that will be easier)....but no response.

Anyway, I´ll wait and give him all chances to resolve the prob.....somehow this can make his way back to this comunity easier.

I will keep you all updated, if you update me :)

Theo

...and another week goes by.....no news or answer or mail from my

:(

RESPONSIBLE DEALER

this sounds ridiculous but it´s the truth.

Angus got me money and I got nothing.

Is there someone else waiting for a watch from PureTime??????

Thanks for letting me know,

Theo :mellow:

...and another week goes by.....no news or answer or mail from my

:(

RESPONSIBLE DEALER

this sounds ridiculous but it´s the truth.

Angus got me money and I got nothing.

Is there someone else waiting for a watch from PureTime??????

Thanks for letting me know,

Theo :mellow:

This is pretty poor. You know it is interesting, when a dealer is done wrong by a member there is a lot of outrage expressed on this board, and rightly so. But it does not seem as if the same level of outrage is felt when a baord member is done wrong by a dealer... I wonder why?? :whistling: