When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I just flooded my room and got an upgrade...

wiseman

Just wanted to share this with you guys:

Im out travelling in Norway at the moment, staying at a SAS Radisson hotel in downtown Oslo.

This evening before dinner I decided to relax and take a warm bath, so I filled up the tub and relaxed.

When I was emptying the tub I noticed that there was some water on the bathroom floor, seemed like the drain couldnt handle all the water draining from the tub.

I didnt think too much of this to begin with and put some towels on the bathroom-floor to clean it up...

When I came out of the bathroom I realised that I had seen a couple of percent of all water that leaked out...since most of the water now was soaked into the wall-to-wall carpet in front of the bathroom going off in all directions...

So I went down to the frontdesk and explained that my room was kinda flooded...and they gave me a business suite instead...

So next time you stay at a hotel, check that all your stuff is away from the floor in front of the bathroom, take a long warm bath and get an upgrade after the flooding...

...I can see my plan backfire badly though...

LoL

Last time I was in Norway (1976), I couldn't get over the drain arrangement for the tubs in the hotels. I had first seen it in Copenhagen. The water entered the tub from the ring around the drain rather than a faucet. When draining the tub, the water first runs onto the tile floor, then down a floor drain. I take it this was the arrangement your room had?

Also, the fire escape in the hotel in Copenhagen was a knotted rope that you had to throw out the window. The weight of the rope coming onto the anchor point would set off the alarm. Fun stuff!