When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

253 Parts

F1FAN

The crown on my PAM 253 broke. I took it apart to figure out what happened. The rod to the crown just snapped off. Are the parts worth anything? I replaced the 253 with a REPPAM 212. My question is are the parts worth anything?

If this is not in the right section I understand if it's moved.

Thanks for the advice...

Eric

Are you talking the stem snapped off? You can get a replacement stem. If the stem bit is stuck in the crown...you still might be able to get it out with work...search for how to on the forum...I've seen instructions (e.g. vinegar or allum soak I think??? Not sure if this is right...don't trust me...never done it).

Hi,

the stem of your pam253 broke. The other part is still in the crown and one part still in the watch. it is very difficult, nearly impossible to get the stem out of the crown, because it is glued down. Getting the stem out of the movement is easy. you can find on this board on how to do that. use the search button.

what you do need is a complete crown with stem inserted. That is the easiest thing. To get that you should ask the dealer from who you bought it. If that don't work, you can ask another dealer. Most times they not just want to get you the crown, because that won't earn them money. If you buy your next watch from them I am sure the dealer will get it for you, FOR FREE.

good luck.