When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Addition....

breitling&omega

I snapped a few photos of the watch that I had recently bought, originally taken to share with a good friend of mine, actually also a member here on this forum. But since I really logging in here as this is by far my favourite forum, I thought it was something I would like to share with other members.

Of course we all enjoy getting a new watch from time to time.

So after over a year of deciding, I finally made the purchase and emptied a sizeable amount of cash from my account :rolleyes:

Here are some pics, hopefully this works......

post-16921-1236975433_thumb.jpg

post-16921-1236975528_thumb.jpg

post-16921-1236975849_thumb.jpg

post-16921-1236976099_thumb.jpg

post-16921-1236976134_thumb.jpg

post-16921-1236976171_thumb.jpg

post-16921-1236976338_thumb.jpg

post-16921-1236976372_thumb.jpg

post-16921-1236976407_thumb.jpg

post-16921-1236976444_thumb.jpg

Yeah, I'm a complete amateur when it comes to doing things on the computer, lol. and I was surprised that it even worked.

Actually I am set up on photobucket but was actually too lazy to log-in and click back and forth :p

As for how I like the watch......well, you know the feeling when there is something you really want for an extended period of time, and quite honestly back then I had never thought I would end up purchasing such an expensive watch and now I finally get to own it. If I could, I may even sit on the coach with the watch but then my gf would probably think I had lost it or maybe she had lost me:)

I understand GP's were never too popular with most watch people. With this one, I just really liked the dial, and I simply could not resist making the purchase. At the end, I thought it was nice having something that was less common. At least it will be a model that they will likely never replicate, haha.

thanks for the comments guys.

All GP's have in house movement like the pateks. This one have GP 033C0 movement with 63 jewels.

Since this is a world timer model, there is an internal bezel, hence the extra crown on the left side of the case.

There are two versions of this watch, one is limited to 750 pieces in SS, the other is in titanium with 156 pieces. Mine is titanium so it also possess a see thru case on back side.

Not a common watch so not something you will likely see in an AD carrying GP's.

Btw, this one came with a very thick plastic wrap that is self adhesive. If anyone out there knows where to see a roll or the name of the product, I'd be very interesting in finding out.

I understand GP's were never too popular with most watch people. With this one, I just really liked the dial, and I simply could not resist making the purchase. At the end, I thought it was nice having something that was less common. At least it will be a model that they will likely never replicate, haha.

It's a lovely watch and GP is certainly a very under-rated (IMHO) brand with some amazing innovations and a storied history! Their new constant force escapement will be awesome I'm sure! I'm still waiting on my newest "fun" piece, a vintage GP, to arrive...should be here Monday or Tuesday at the latest :p

I agree with you 100% that GP's are under-rated. The average watch collector will never have heard of the brand. This is not my first and may not be my last. Trouble is that there are too many floating around on the grey market. Since the brand never got to be overly popular, the manufacturer really had to keep numbers down, when AD struggle to move the merchandise working off a high list price, grey market people get their hands on them and really begin to drive prices down even more. Marketing is an art but first your product needs to be desirable to a large group if they want to produce a large quantity.