When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gen Black SMP 2254.50

Tata

Hi All,

Have a mate trying to sell me his Gen black SMP. He told me that this is a classic rare Omega watch (not available brand new anymore), has a great investment value to it. It is in mint condition and really good price.

Being a noobie, can anyone tell me if the above is otherwise true?

Cheers

Not rare, but also not for sale anymore unless you are lucky to find one left over at a dealer. Check prices on WUS, a complete 95% watch that's still got it's serial number is going for around 1100 - 1200 as long as it's the automatic movement. The 2255.80 is my favorite (I own one), but the 2254 is a classic, and feels MUCH MUCH nicer than a sub. The cal 1120 in these is a workhorse that has proven itself and is one of the best movements in the business. I think mine ticks more smoothly than my friends gen GMT Master II.

MUCH nicer.

And a great deal for the quality you get for the money.

Not rare, but also not for sale anymore unless you are lucky to find one left over at a dealer. Check prices on WUS, a complete 95% watch that's still got it's serial number is going for around 1100 - 1200 as long as it's the automatic movement. The 2255.80 is my favorite (I own one), but the 2254 is a classic, and feels MUCH MUCH nicer than a sub. The cal 1120 in these is a workhorse that has proven itself and is one of the best movements in the business. I think mine ticks more smoothly than my friends gen GMT Master II.

MUCH nicer.

And a great deal for the quality you get for the money.

Love the 2255.80 as well. Is the 2255.80 still available over the AD?

It is a great watch. They have been discontinued, but don't be fooled that they'll be a good investment opportunity, they won't be. You should buy it because you like the watch, not beac use it will hold it's value.

The 2254 is often thought of as being Omega's tool watch, whereas the 2253 is more popular because of its link with Bond. Both are beautiful, and they are among the most comfortable watches to wear, they are so well balanced!

If you don't buy it, let me know how much he wants for it, I might be interested ;)

Absolutely love the 2254. I have a great rep of it and I have not even worn it (still in its plastic wrapping!). Though would love to get the non-america cup SMP 2230 .

post-4020-1237028510_thumb.jpg

Very tempting to get the gen 2254, I have to ask for a mate's rate. :p

Will let you know the asking price, b16a2. B)

I have the Americas cup modell like on the picture but without the "frame" round the index on the dial and also have both bracelets ( the two that You could get!) for it AND the rubberstrap with foldingclasp and I LOVE it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Absolutely love the 2254. I have a great rep of it and I have not even worn it (still in its plastic wrapping!). Though would love to get the non-america cup SMP 2230 .

post-4020-1237028510_thumb.jpg

Very tempting to get the gen 2254, I have to ask for a mate's rate. :p

Will let you know the asking price, b16a2. B)