When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega Smp Gmt From Trusty

eddhead

Sorry to hear about all the problems andrew is having. I know i do not need to sing his prasies to the faithful but consider me a new fan.. here goes...After reading Pugwash's many posts on the OMEGA SMP GMT, viewing the pics, I took the plunge last week. Took less than a week to get the watch. Packaging was immaculate, styrofoam container packed the wtach very securely. I am not going to pretend that I am an Omega or any other kind of watch expert, but I will say that the the watch itself is gorgeous looking.. cannot be beat for the price. I read The Zigmeister's post about how the 21J movement is suseptible to irregular appearing hand sweeps depending on the positioning.. that is not the case for this watch. My only other rep is a PAM 029 2892-3 so I was a bit concerned that this watch would suffer in comparison. Clearly it is not quite as smooth, but it much smoother than i anticipated, and I am very pleased. One minor issue.. the bezel does not quire align with the face markings.. most noticable on pearl which is maybe 1/4 space off. This is NOT a big deal, I can live with it (especially for USD 108) but if anyone knows how I can fix it I would appreciate a quick line. Thanks.

Check this thread for the bezel fix:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=4509

There's an easier bezel fix: Just pop the insert out without taking the bezel off. I suggest tooth-picks (nothing metal) between the crystal and the insert. I learned this by taking my bezel off first ...

After reading Pugwash's many posts on the OMEGA SMP GMT, viewing the pics, I took the plunge last week.

Good, isn't it. :D

There's an easier bezel fix: Just pop the insert out without taking the bezel off. I suggest tooth-picks (nothing metal) between the crystal and the insert. I learned this by taking my bezel off first ...

You managed to get it off with this method without scratching the surface? Someone also told that it's possible to heat the bezel with a hairdyer and when the glue softens just turn it into correct spot.

Good, isn't it. :D

Yeah it really is. Thanks I will give it a shot.

You managed to get it off with this method without scratching the surface? Someone also told that it's possible to heat the bezel with a hairdyer and when the glue softens just turn it into correct spot.

Thanks!

Thanks for the heads-up. It seems I have several options, I am sure one will work! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I like the hairdryer one. :D

These have that double-sided tape on them. I reckon there is more risk with scratching the case taking the bezel off than there is of scratching the insert, especially when you realise the insert can be replaced on tehBay.