When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

eddie lee 183

coltrim

I have an edie lee 183 with swiss movement. The case and cg look great to my uneducated eye, however experience tells me that daily use will destroy the cg threads. Also it needs lume, cannon pin and water proofing.

I contacted vac but he tells me that he'll have to make a new case to correct the cg problem.

Is there anyone who can take care of all these problems?

I have an edie lee 183 with swiss movement. The case and cg look great to my uneducated eye, however experience tells me that daily use will destroy the cg threads. Also it needs lume, cannon pin and water proofing.

I contacted vac but he tells me that he'll have to make a new case to correct the cg problem.

Is there anyone who can take care of all these problems?

Umm..the 183 doesn't have a CG (Crown Guard). Do you mean the crown itself? :huh:

I believe he meant 'crown' not 'crown guard'. I have an EL 183, too. I think the best thing to do would be to fix the canon pinion. Then you'll have an overall very nice 183. And you'll also have a historical 183 rep as EL was the first to offer it! :)

Cheers

sorry- i meant the 'screw in' crown. The watch is a replacement one as the first wore out. I think el makes the best 183 case, i have an excellent dsn 183 but the case lacks the sleek elegance of mr lee's.

SO- where what can be done, and for how much and by whom???

thanks

I remember back a couple years ago a member had a crown strip so he customized the crown so it couldn't strip again. I think he basically took all the threads off the crown so it couldn't screw in. If I remember correctly he shortened the tube and the stem so the crown sat close to the case. I'm 100% positive that this pretty much took away most if not all the water resistance of the watch, but he wore it everyday and only had to pull the crown to wind and push it back in to wear.

I'm fairly positive that Zig could probably do this mod while replacing the cannon and doing the SL.