When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Lug sizes for straps

wraithride

I just pulled the trigger on 2 watches, an IWC spitfire 3717, and the Breitling SFSO. I wanted to get some straps ordered, so the straps might be here in time with the watches. Can anyone tell me the size of the lugs or the strap width for these watches?

Much appreciated!

WR

Awesome, thanks for the reply. How loose is the fit with a 21mm? If it looks crappy, i'll just go with a 22, and sand it down. I just noticed in your spitfire review, you mentioned that 22mm springbars won't fit. I assume i'll use 21mm?

WR

Edited by wraithride

Awesome, thanks for the reply. How loose is the fit with a 21mm? If it looks crappy, i'll just go with a 22, and sand it down. I just noticed in your spitfire review, you mentioned that 22mm springbars won't fit. I assume i'll use 21mm?

I use a 21mm sometimes...and there is a gap. If you use the standard springbars that come with it...the watch will come flying off because the gap is enough to allow movement that can pop the bars when you pull your arm in and out of jackets/coats (that was my experience with heavy coats in winter at least).

I upgraded to heavier 21mm springbars and that seems to solve the problem so far. Your lughorns might not be so bad...most people use a 22mm if they can't get a 21mm strap...so you can determine at time of arrival if you need to soften the edge or not.