When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Big Crowns? In Ad Yesterday......are We Going Too Big...

chad

I was looking at the crowns yesterday on the gens and they are not as thick as the third party crowns that are being sold. In fact even my Josh 036 had a bigger crown than the gens...?

The crowns on all the H series watches sold by our dealers actually look pretty close to correct.

Anyone else notice this?

I was looking at the crowns yesterday on the gens and they are not as thick as the third party crowns that are being sold. In fact even my Josh 036 had a bigger crown than the gens...?

The crowns on all the H series watches sold by our dealers actually look pretty close to correct.

Anyone else notice this?

Yes...not trying to dis Tommy at all--because like any smart businessman he's giving the customers what they want.

In this case, IMO, the customers weren't thinking too clearly. I would have preferred that he produced the 1.9mm crowns like the OEM...the 1.7 used on our reps are .2mm too small. the 2.1mm are .2mm too big. Sure, they're thick but they're both equally inaccurate.

BTW, your jos 036 ought to measure out at 1.9mm--the only out of the box PAM rep crown that's identical to the gen.

Yes...not trying to dis Tommy at all--because like any smart businessman he's giving the customers what they want.

In this case, IMO, the customers weren't thinking too clearly. I would have preferred that he produced the 1.9mm crowns like the OEM...the 1.7 used on our reps are .2mm too small. the 2.1mm are .2mm too big. Sure, they're thick but they're both equally inaccurate.

BTW, your jos 036 ought to measure out at 1.9mm--the only out of the box PAM rep crown that's identical to the gen.

Not all the 036's come with the decent crown. I have seen one that comes with a SS crown and recessed pin!!! This debate has dragged on for a long time - the issue was never the thickness of the actual crown but that the bevelled edges were overdone making the teeth too narrow, thus making the crown appear narrower. Personally I am happy with the 2.0 Palp crowns as the .08-9 difference was not noticeable enough to worry about - but the 2.1 crowns?

After recieving the 2.0 crown I am soooooo glad that I went that route (even though I had first envied the 2.1) After comparing it to the gen it looks spot on inho. I think the 2.1 is just a tick too large. BUT then again who the hell will notice it.....................besides us I mean.