When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Updated PAM 036

browngo1

I'm thinking about getting my first PAM and I like the look of the updated 036 from Josh.

http://www.jpc8118.com/pn03601-titanium-to...497-p-5502.html

I've done a bit of research looking at info from PAM experts on here already and I know that the older version is regarded as better.

However, I really just want to know if it's worth getting as a first PAM.

I have never met anyone wearing a Panerai of any description, gen or rep, so it's unlikely that it's going to be called out as a rep because of some minor imperfections.

I'm not into getting lots of mods done to make it closer to a gen, I just want to know if it's really any good?

BG1

That looks to be a nice first Pam,

The movement is correct for that model but the issues are the Cannon pin fix (the bit the hands are attached to) looks not so good, for some of us the big black cap in the middle would drive us crazy.

The minor detail is that the case numbers should be on the lugs and not on the caseback but no one would ever know this and as you correctly state you rarely meet another panerai wearer.

The Brown dial is nice but might not be ideal for all occasions as it really is quite an odd colour for a watch dial, I have a 055 and though I like it very much its not for everyday.

The titanium cases are great so light and smooth and really wear well, you may find issues with the crown but it looks great form the pictures nice and thick, but it may not actually be titanium , but again this would only be an issue for some of us Pam fans and can easily be fixed at a later date.

Josh is a very easy dealer to buy from and my transactions with him have always be quick and smooth and you get what you see.

You'll be wanting a new strap in time as well.

In the end it doesn't really matter because once the bug bites you will be looking for a second , third or forth one soon enough. So be warned

Hope this helps

ST4

Not bad but It's a new case model which I hate for the following reasons:

Normal rep dials are around 1mm smaller so your stuck with the dial it comes with so it may need a relume

Capped hand's, not a huge issue as you can swap it out with a normal hand but it will also need a longer cannon pin

The TI Case uses the dreaded stainless steel stamped caseback (love the way its blurred out in the picture) & it wont take any other casebacks as it uses a different thread pitch & is also slightly different from normal rep cases as it doesn't have any flats to mount the CG

The biggest issue for me is the CG, although its a thick version the lever sits way too far from the case & uses a smaller than normal screw size to mount it.

Personally I think you can do a lot better for that kinda money, heck a DSN wont cost you much more & I know which one I'd be more happy with