When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Looking for : IWC FA Jones type watch

IWCGuy

I currently own a "Parnis" labeled Ebay special, which is basically a black faced IWC FA Jones with the decorated 6489 Asian movement. However, even talking to the quality control guys that do semi custom work out of Hong Kong (sterile dials, etc), I cannot find a black faced IWC FA Jones with a AR sapphire crystal, which I'd desperately like to have.

It does not have to be a Fa Jones, but it must have a black face, be a decorated 6498 and have seconds at 6.

Can anyone recommend someone? If someone knows of one that does sterile dials/cases, that'd be even better.

Edited by IWCGuy

pm sent with info

I currently own a "Parnis" labeled Ebay special, which is basically a black faced IWC FA Jones with the decorated 6489 Asian movement. However, even talking to the quality control guys that do semi custom work out of Hong Kong (sterile dials, etc), I cannot find a black faced IWC FA Jones with a AR sapphire crystal, which I'd desperately like to have.

It does not have to be a Fa Jones, but it must have a black face, be a decorated 6498 and have seconds at 6.

Can anyone recommend someone? If someone knows of one that does sterile dials/cases, that'd be even better.

• 1 month later...

Try this. The Portuguese 1939 with black dial. The dial may look blue, but that's the AR in Josh's not so hot pics. It's has your 6498 movement, (which is a joy to wind,) with seconds at 6.

Lanikai posted some great wrist shots just today that give a better idea of this piece! I have one in the cream face and I love it.

Try this. The Portuguese 1939 with black dial. The dial may look blue, but that's the AR in Josh's not so hot pics. It's has your 6498 movement, (which is a joy to wind,) with seconds at 6.

Lanikai posted some great wrist shots just today that give a better idea of this piece! I have one in the cream face and I love it.

Excellent reply Mick...

You may be new to the forum, but very apparent that you're an old RWG soul...

Welcome...

TT

Excellent reply Mick...

You may be new to the forum, but very apparent that you're an old RWG soul...

Welcome...

TT

That's very kind of you to say.