When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam guru's chime in: Panerai Box real or fake?

ravishingrick

I bought this box from a fellow member who told me the box was genuine. Later i sold this box to RR who now claims it's fake...

Please let me now what you think. The person who sold me this watch told me it was an old A, B, C or maybe even D series box. These where slighty darker he told me. Love to hear your expert opinions.

Guys,

If I remember correctly this box was mine.

I had two boxes: one from a dealer here (not sure which though), one from Tomyama (eBay)

The box is absolutely genuine has it is the one from Tomyama.

The fake one is now in Andy's hands (FrxAnady)

As Yello posted, the libreto and screwdriver and so on are fake, but the box is not.

If any of you know Tomy, they should know he never sells fake stuff.

Allthough neither Yello, nor me are sure this box comes originaly from me, I thought I should shime in.

I would absolutely recomend to ask SSSurfer's opinion about it :)

Hope this helps,

Stephane

PaneraiBoxes_800_02.jpg

Anyone have an opinion if the following box is OEM or REP? Would really like some feedback to settle this dispute.

http://www.rwg.cc/members/gen-Panerai-box-...;hl=panerai+box

The box itself looks OK to me. I have two genuine Panerai with all the papers and stuff, plus a third box that I bought on 'Risti from a very prominent UK member. All three boxes vary very slightly in colour and the 'black' outers also are different shades of grey. However, I don't doubt that they are all genuine. The hinges and hardware are exactly the same in all three. My third box now has a genuine warranty booklet and a blank card that came with my 111 which was supplied new from the AD with 2 booklets and cards - obviously a mistake as one set was between the insert and the wrap-around black felt thingy.

From the photos I don't see anything that would lead me to knock the box as being a fake.

.... I paid much more than that ....

So did i :p

After giving it some thought i'm pretty sure i bought Stephane's box. I sold it around 3 months ago to Ravishingrick. But if Rav is not satisfied and is convinced the box is fake i will take it back of course.

But even than i'm interested in the experts opinions as i have no use for the box and like to sell it again... as a gen or as a fake, that depends on the experts opinions.

In my memory i discussed this box with Taka and we back i think we concluded it was an older series box. Somewhere A-D series. But i deleted all emails so i can't look it up anymore.

Ravishingrick mailed me he will post some comparisson photos of the box i sold him and a gen K series box. Let's wait and see the photos.

Thanks for the responses so far. They are greatly appreciated. ^_^

I shall post some pictures tonight comparing the box with my OEM K series box. Also with some comments why I have doubts about the authenticity.

@Stephan: Could you let me know if the outer black box and the white foam foil between the outer black box and pearwood box came from a replica set or belonged to the "OEM box set".

Thanks for the responses so far. They are greatly appreciated. ^_^

I shall post some pictures tonight comparing the box with my OEM K series box. Also with some comments why I have doubts about the authenticity.

@Stephan: Could you let me know if the outer black box and the white foam foil between the outer black box and pearwood box came from a replica set or belonged to the "OEM box set".

I'm sorry Rick, I have no idea.

It could as well be the one of the rep box I had...if it's my box of course (but I'm more and more convinced that Yello bought it from me...