When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Dial printing

mastergod

I do not know if they do custom work, but Kirk Rich (in California) has does excellent work redialing gens.

Thanks.

BTW - today I got a response from watchdials.com. They said it would cost $50 to print lume on 3 dials (from vector file) and $90 startup cost. Regarding lume, they said they used standard lume...

So I asked for details on what kind of lume technology "standard" is, and stats on brilliance/afterglow measured in lumens/time. I also asked how many times they print their lume on each dial, and what kind of base paint they print it on.

[url=http://www.watchdials.com]Here

Follow-up: This is what watchdials.com said about the lume:

"I've contacted our supplier of the luminous paint. Unfortunately they do not have any stats that they keep record of, and it must be because their luminous paint is typically used for theatrical purposes where that information is not needed. Here's the product we use:

http://www.rosco.com/canada/scenic/roscoglo.asp

Sorry I can't be of further help with that type of information.

Regarding the application of the paint, we hand paint the luminous areas just once. Additional applications would make the figures much too thick, as it's a thick product"

Thick Yellowish Green lume sounds pretty cool to me. Does anyone know anything about this kind of "theatrical" lume?

Cheers, MG