When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Solid gold TT bracelets on ebay

mango.split

I want a TT replica but I know the gold plating won't last everyday wear.

I have seen solid gold TT bracelets on ebay selling from power sellers with 1000's of positive feedbacks for around $350. What is your thought on them... won't the Bessel and little spin [censored] chip, peel, and scratch. Can I buy gen pieces for them?

Here's a TT band from Freddy's and my buddy down in Sugar Land, Tx

http://cgi.ebay.com/MENS-18K-SS-OYSTER-WAT...1QQcmdZViewItem

This isn't a great band from two points of view:

1. The ss clasp is fine for older TT's, but then the SEL's are incorrect. Also, the link next to the clasp end has an ss center section- should be gold.

2. This seller is only so-so, I just wouldn't expect the greatest deal from him. Maybe keep looking and spend $100 more- it might be worth it.

I purchased one from this guy too and it was good quality. I just installed the rep clasp on it and it has lasted for two years now with no problems.

Ironically, I think this seller is also in the Houston area:

http://cgi.ebay.com/MENS-18K-SS-OYSTER-WAT...1QQcmdZViewItem

I'd figure this guy as a little more reputable. This search was: rolex submariner oyster band.

There's another seller that I also see from time to time- you just have to keep looking

I purchased one from this guy too and it was good quality. I just installed the rep clasp on it and it has lasted for two years now with no problems.

So the best route to go is buy a cheap noob 18k plated for $125 and then buy the solid 18k band. Rather than pay more for the 14k wrapped.

I notice the $315 for the solid bezel... sounds expensive. how can the small bezel be close to as much as the band... supply and demand??

I see the solid 14k is 75$- $100 cheaper than the 18k... is there a noticeable difference in the color and shine?

Anyway for less than $1000 we have a solid 18k TT Rolex that only us and watch experts know is fake. 99.99% of the ladies would think it's real ;)

If you have a TT noob, the $315 gold Rolex aftermarket bezel will not fit. Probably would work on a Euromariner or late model MBK, maybe a WM9, also- but definitely not a noob.

The difference between 14K and 18K is the quality of the gold, but I can't tell you the difference between the colors. Also the clasp on the 14K band is different- no safety clasp.

I also bought my band from watchbandman50. I got the solid 18K and paid $434.00 if I remember correctly. I also got the solid 18K bezel from his other store which is wholesaleoutlet. Then I got a gen 18K crown from Clark watch parts.

Now all the gold is real and will last. Ofcourse I didn't stop there. I bought a gen movement, dial and hands too. The only rep parts left is the case, crystal and clasp.

If you have a TT noob, the $315 gold Rolex aftermarket bezel will not fit. Probably would work on a Euromariner or late model MBK, maybe a WM9, also- but definitely not a noob.

The difference between 14K and 18K is the quality of the gold, but I can't tell you the difference between the colors. Also the clasp on the 14K band is different- no safety clasp.

So what bezel do i need to get? I don't have a TT noob but was going to get one. I would get a different TT watch if I knew I could buy all solid gold aftermarket stuff for it. Please help