When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Latest Project -- OEM case + FGD Dial

BigCrown

I have been more than happy with my latest project:

-OEM case

-Swiss 6497 serviced

-FGD Dial

-DSN hands

P3300029.jpg

P3300030.jpg

P3300031.jpg

P3300032.jpg

P3300033.jpg

P3300034.jpg

I have been really impressed with the FGD Logo dials (HUGE THANKS TO SMILEY AND DANI FOR THE DIALS). I really like the thick numbers...a little thicker than the genuine...but it is perfect for me. The delicate printing blows away the DSN version. The base material has a wonderful finish that shines with an iridescence -- almost like an anthracite dial. I am not sure if this one was an experimental version or not, but it is truly unique.

The OEM case is from a C series Panerai watch. The crystal is different than any i have seen because it has a very light Yellow AR (single).

1.jpg

P3300025.jpg

P3300026.jpg

drsddialmkiv15.jpg

All I need now is some direction for someone who can fill the indeces with the Tritium I have been saving for this project.... The Zigmeister, if you are reading this, I would love to hire you for your services to finish this piece.

Please let me know if you have someone you can refer me to if The Zigmeister it booked. Thank you in advance!

P3300027.jpg

BigCrown: Amazing piece and project.

One thing about the 5218-201/A, the crown is supposed to be a brushed instead of a polished crown.

Love the FGD dial! :) In fact, my Pre-A 002 is in the opposite situation from yours, I have got a Brushed Crown instead of a historically correct Polished. :)

Well, it's always a search in progress towards perfection! :)