When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is Hublot and B&R slowly loosing their popularity?

Hublot's Big Bang and B&R's BR01-94 use to be some of the coolest pieces expecially for those who prefer the more modern appearance......however, these two companies really don't have much variation in their design in regards to their appearance. Is this approach sustainable or is it just a matter of time before buyers move away from their brand.

• 2 weeks later...

Personally I've always liked the B&R stuff since I saw it in a 'lifestyle' magazine ages ago.

I like the simple finish, the chunky size, and the fact they're not very common so not everyone's going to be wearing them (or know what's gen or not lol)

They have some new stuff out this season including a Heritage Model, some more black-on-black models (but different to the Phantoms of last year) and also an, er, 'interesting' new model with a skull on it... :huh: lol

With regards to lack of variation, I would perhaps offer the slightly controversial opinion that a lot of Panerai's look very similar to the untrained eye... ;) and they're doing alright! (I still have no idea on model numbers LoL)

Edited by Member X

I really dont know about B&R. On the other hand the Hublot brand is doing very good in the market place.(high end) The idea of the fussion of materials is refreshing. Hublots sales are better now then they have ever been. I just picked up a HBB 301 rx Tuiga 1909, Stunning watch. When I first saw them several months ago I thought they were strange looking, now I really like them. Thanks for the poast :) Mike

There's a lot of watch companies out there that are trying to come up with something new that in the end only look like clown watches. THIS on the other hand will never be mistaken for anything other than the manliest, sexiest babe magnet ever created! I can't ever wear this when shopping with my wife, it causes too many fights and the added cost of body guards to protect me and the family from every woman that happens to catch a glimpse of it is putting a strain on my watch acquisition fund...

Wrist-Check-03-09.jpg

My advice, keep spreading the word that these are falling out of favor. It keeps mine even more unique and the resale value high- plus... I secretly love the attention from all the babes and don't much like to share!

Actually Hublot has done an excellent job marketing. And it is only going to get better now that LVMH or Richemont bought them (I can't remember who - but I can remember that the owners (at least one of which occasionally stops by here) pocketed $175 million or so - a genius move considering sales have got to be down 20-30% like everyone else. And both B and R and Hublot are moving very quickly to add the various materials and higher end complications. Just everyone trying to move up the food chain. :)