When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Getting the Call

freddy333

Model: Cosmograph Daytona

marbles010clear21.jpg

Reference: 116520

Movement: Asian-made ETA 7750 clone with additional gearing to transfer the running seconds from 9-to-6 o'clock on the dial

rolexbox20151.jpg

Case: Stainless steel

Crystal: Sapphire

pinkjeans022a1.jpg

The Rolex Cosmograph Daytona is an icon in modern horological history & stands as 1 of the most highly sought after & coveted luxury items ever produced. In spite of the current global economic crisis, many authorized Rolex dealers are allotted only 1 or 2 of these prized 'grail watches' per season (if that many). In fact, most Rolex dealers maintain lengthy lists of people who must wait, patiently, some for as long as 5 years, to 'get the call' when their name finally makes it to the vaunted top of the list.

mirrorlike2013b1.jpg

Guest carlsbadrolex

Freddy, your pics are incredible!!! Very nice watch and very nice pics.

I was shocked two days ago when I made a trip to a local AD and they had both a white dial AND a black dial Daytona available for sale. No waiting list, no people breaking down the door to get them. The salesman whom I have known for years said they had called the people on their frequent buyers list and everyone passed. THAT is truly a sign to me that the economy is hurting... 2 years ago these were going for quite a premium over retail and I KNOW I could have walked out with this watch at 10% under MAP.