When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My first vintage project

Brightight

Some members send their watches to 'Ziggyzumba' for obvious reasons, but others may not be aware; you can send a watch for a vintage patina job to 'Nanuq'. He doesn't do anything special, aside wear it for a few week-ends Scouting. Voila!

Or, for the 'DIY' group, I can suggest; wearing the piece while changing out the water pump and universal joints of a 1999 Mazda 626, repeatedly. That'll beat the tar out of any watch. :)

Oh, you are right!

The Nanuq route...I forgot about that :D

Thanks for reminding me !!!

:bangin:

For instance I know that Stephane is a great guy, but the idea of him butchering a great snowflake makes me want to bang my head against the wall..

(we have a big deposit on the apartment so I will not...)

To each, his own.. (i think the DSSD is a monster, fugly.. half of the members will not agree with me... )

B, I'll send you some pills in a couple of month when the SnowFlake is ready to show off in all it's glory :rofl:

Brightight - I just spent several minutes trying to write yet another apology. But the more I read your comments, the more confident I feel that my original comment (& subsequent apology) was correct. You posted pics of a well-vintagized POS. I made a joke, which you did not appreciate. Noted. Done. Let us move on.

Totally agree Freddy. It is forgotten.

Thanks to all for the comments negative and positive, much appreciated.

To The OP,

listen it ain't that bad, heres what i'd do.

pop the bezel, lose it, 'el zilcho'

work those CG's, bezel looks like it's been to iraq, yet you got shiny CG's + for that age your trying to get to they would be rather worn, get some patina on the crown, again far too shiny.

Case, well you got do a bit more brushing on the case to age it. looks like it's been scratched up and down, does not conform to bezel, I hope you aged the bracelet.

Align it all up, square up the date and it won't be that bad.

Thats what RWG's all about learning and learning, - take all whats been said but more importantly, don't give up.

Peace

:victory: