When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Anyone shop at Tourneau lately?

Guest avitt

Guest avitt

So I'm here in Las Vegas this week, and my boss says that he wants to go to the Tourneau store in Caesar's Forum. (It was his first trip.) While there, he fell in love with a JLC dress watch - I believe it was a pink gold Master Ultra Thin. The list price is about $11,000, and the salesman indicated that there is some dealing to be done...

Over the course of the evening, the boss talked himself (with a little nudge from me) into buying the watch tomorrow.

I'm wondering what discount level might be expected on something like this. 10%? 15%? 20%? He's a pretty good negotiator, but I want to hear what some of you have experienced at Tourneau, so I can give him some guidance. Thank you.

Tourneau is eager to sell but as an AD they are typically limited as to how much they can discount by the rules of their dealer agreement. I would guess maximum discount on new JLC would be 15-20%. But if you either buy a second hand one from them or even better trade in something at artificially high value you will get an even better deal. In the current environment they seem to be way overvaluing a gen you trade in to finesse a discount well above what they are "allowed" to give as an AD on a new watch.

Due to the current economy (which I understand is particularly bad in Vegas), I think Kruzer's upper range sounds about right for Tourneau (not generally known for having a very pliable attitude when closing deals). But I guess it all depends on how well that particular store is doing.

If he does get the watch, be sure to get some wristies - those are nice watches.

I have been in that Tourneau and I can tell you they mark up their watches higher than the other stores due to their location in Caesar's. Great watch but I bet even if he gets 20% off he still could get it cheaper elsewhere. MTC

I completely missed the Vegas line in the article, that was the exact Tourneau I hate. They were extremely rude sales people and ignored me most of the time I was there. Check out some of the smaller shops in the Venetian, Tourneau won't budge on the price as much as they should

Tourneau WILL give inflated trade in values, and a bonus is that you only pay tax on the price difference after trade in. The sales guys are hurting and will make deals. You're almost better off buying a used gen on ebay, verifying the trade in value they will give you, and trade it in toward your purchase. :victory:

Guest avitt

Thanks for all of the input, guys.

Well, we left Vagas without the watch. His current thinking is that he'll continue to hunt for a used Master Moon, which has really been his grail watch...