When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help On deciding....

asciwhite

I am now on the lookout for a Panerai (damn you guys, I did not even like Panerai before I joined here)

I am torn between the fiddy "ultimate" and the 111H "ultimate" . I have heard about fiddys exploding and stuff, so I am a bit on the fence.

I was wondering if I should buy a fiddy with normal strap (from the seller) Or if I should go the whole nine yards and just buy the head & pins of the 111H with pinion fix and superlume and add a Gunny 74 series strap..

I am looking for a SINGLE pam for my collection!

post-21269-1238771581_thumb.jpg

Edited by ASCIWhite

Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you probably have read my Noob Guide if you've been doing searching here. I'll be quick here:

DSC01050.jpg

P4GTR's PAM with standard rep strap

DSC01462.jpg

With Strap Culture strap

DSC014733.jpg

Strap upgrades impact PAMs a lot. I'm interested in one PAM too...thinking more along the lines of a 239 Destro or a 310 if they ever make one.

Since this is to be your only PAM do you prefer 44mm or 47mm. But in either case, go all out on the head (with full mod) and add the gunny. And btw, good luck in owning just one, this is almost impossible to do. Just get both :-D

I think the 111H Modded with Gunny will be the one!! I know I say only one. But I have my doubts :D

Im getting into serious credit card reds!!!

Edit: This is hard...... Fcuk!!

Edited by ASCIWhite

The trigger is now pulled!! Ultimate fiddy with superlume and swiss unitas 6497 swan neck. AND a Gunny 74 series strap to go hand in hand with it!!

Cost all in all 470$ with shipping. This watch will be my daily beater, and now I will put the lid on my crazy buying spree at the moment....

Bought the last 14 days

Omega Seamaster Pro 300m Chrono Updated 7750 (keeper) 303$

Omega Seamaster Pro 300m Chrono Asian automatic (Bought & Sold) 170$

Omega Planet Ocean Ultimate with extra yellow leather strap and pressure testing 7Atm (keeper) 350 $

Tag Heuer Carrera 16 quartz (Bought & Sold) 128$

Ultimate fiddy & Gunny strap (keeper) 470$

All in all 1421$ subtract 350$ sold watches = 1071$

This has been a very expensive adventure so far :p

hmmm where can I find those gunny straps :p

oops found it

I think you made a great choice!

Gunnys look awesome.. And I went for the 74 series wich is the most accurate rep to date I think!

The trigger is now pulled!! Ultimate fiddy with superlume and swiss unitas 6497 swan neck. AND a Gunny 74 series strap to go hand in hand with it!!

Cost all in all 470$ with shipping. This watch will be my daily beater, and now I will put the lid on my crazy buying spree at the moment....

Bought the last 14 days

Omega Seamaster Pro 300m Chrono Updated 7750 (keeper) 303$

Omega Seamaster Pro 300m Chrono Asian automatic (Bought & Sold) 170$

Omega Planet Ocean Ultimate with extra yellow leather strap and pressure testing 7Atm (keeper) 350 $

Tag Heuer Carrera 16 quartz (Bought & Sold) 128$

Ultimate fiddy & Gunny strap (keeper) 470$

All in all 1421$ subtract 350$ sold watches = 1071$

This has been a very expensive adventure so far :p

:rofl: you've got it bad. Great choice on the PAM.

Now.. two things. One- pics when you get it all! Two- get that RWG supporter going. ;)

This dang site got me on the Pam thing as well. I'm going with the 111h full mod from Sead on RG. Caitlin II from Gunny for the strap. I bought a cheapo pam of the trade board and now I'm hooked.

The possibilities with Pams and all the different straps is a little addicting. ;)