When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

168 - Blue Hot

Watchwatcher

... 168, just out of the wrappers...

General reaction is that this is a very solid, well made rep. The sky blue face is a nice contrast to more standard white/blk/silver dials, and is highlighted by the silver subdials at 3:00, 6:00, 9:00. Second hand is a smooth sweep. Crystal has been treated with anti-glare coating. The butterfly clasp takes a little getting used to ... I tend to be a little cautious about pushing too hard when snapping the clasp closed, and with this bracelet try to use a little lateral movement in securing the pins while closing the clasp. However, once the butterfly is fully closed it is tight and secure.

Upper pusher starts and stops the sweep hand... something I learned after anxiously twisting my wrist after first putting the watch on and seeing NO movement of the sweep... I'm not a chrono guy so what do I know. Lower pusher operates the 3:00 subdial.

Great watch for those with a small-mid size wrist that want a PAM, but not in the 44mm+ category.

6494-5776.jpg

6494-5777.jpg

6494-5778.jpg

6494-5779.jpg

UPDATE:

On Friday, I received a slim package from EL with the missing "i" that had not been included in the original 168 I received from him a week earlier.

Installing the "i" was a somewhat delicate operation, which required removing the crystal, and then very carefully separating and repositioning the surrounding "automat" and "c" portions of the word "automatc". I used a Bergeon flutoscope, tweezers, and a large hammer. This is not something I would recommend for amateurs, and please don't do this at home, particularly if you are intoxicated, or attempting to operate heavy equipment at the same time.

ANyhow, with a little elbow grease (also provided free of charge by EL), I was able to shift the two portions of automatc to either side and gingerly insert the newly minted "i" Eddie had carefully bubble wrapped the "i" so it was not crimped, spindled or mutilated--although it did appear that customs had opened and resealed the package -- thankfully, without confiscating the "i".

So, BIG thanks to EL, who came through in a pinch with a very fine "i" (which really does appear to be swiss made), and correcting this minor issue promptly and with no questions asked -- that kind of service wins my business every day of the week!!!

6494-5780.jpg