When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A7750 Chrono Reset Problem

Mardo

I just got a Hublot Big Bang and the chrono subdial @6 does not reset to 0. It stays set at 3 on the dial even if I run them past 3 hours and try and reset.

What could be causing this and how do I fix it?

Here is a pic of how the watch looks with the subdial, hour marker, @6, you can see that it sits at that position no matter how long the chrono runs.

post-18454-1239066014_thumb.jpg

The hand is installed at the wrong position.

Remove the hand with the chrono reset, and reinstall the hand at 12.

RG

You sure about that Zig? He says that even if he runs the chrono for several hours. Seems to me that that hand would change position with the chrono running if it were something as simple as a incorrectly set hand.

Andreww I thought of that too but who am I to question The Zigmeister!

That is correct though, the subdial does not move no matter how long the chrono actually runs. To me it sounds like there is something wrong with the mechanism/gears for that subdial.

Before I take it to a watchmaker I want to have an idea of what the problem is so I know if the guy is being truthful with me about how extensive the repair is going to be. I do not have a go to watchmaker that I have complete confidence and trust in.

My mistake, I misread the first post.

I read it as saying that it reset to 3 even after running it...sorry.

In that case, if it doesnt' move at all then you need to have someone who is qualified take the movement apart and find the problem, it could be a number of issues causing this, not a DIY project.

RG

Ok, thanks for the replys Andreww and The Zigmeister. I will try and hunt down an honest watchsmith from repgeek, I have heard good things about speedy and he is close to me.

I will post the diagnoses and fix once I find out more.

Thanks again,

Mike

• 2 weeks later...
I just got a Hublot Big Bang and the chrono subdial @6 does not reset to 0. It stays set at 3 on the dial even if I run them past 3 hours and try and reset.

What could be causing this and how do I fix it?

Here is a pic of how the watch looks with the subdial, hour marker, @6, you can see that it sits at that position no matter how long the chrono runs.

Im sorry, but is your Hublot in the "witness protection program"? Hence the disguise. ;) Just having a little fun. I just received my Hublot Big Bang.301.sb131 rx, Stunning watch, I realy like it very much. When Im not wearing it I keep the plastic mold protecter on it all the time. Im perrty sure that the gens come with this plastic cover, pertty cool. I wish you the best of luck with your watch :thumbs: Mike