When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Noob Question Concerning Bracelets

vlydog

I have a GEN 93150 Oyster bracelet. I was thinking of using it on my newly acquired and modded WM9 bkmariner. With the exception of the solid end pieces and the markings on the clasp, are the bracelets pretty much the same?

Thanks for sharing.

Other than the solid end links & different clasp design on the modern bracelet, I believe only the model number is different on the links. I do not own a WM9 (or any modern Subs), so I cannot verify that your watch will fit. But as it is a simple 5-minute operation to switch bracelets, I would give it a try yourself.

Guest carlsbadrolex

With the popularity of the vintage models, and the value of vintage parts I would suggest selling the 93150 and picking up a 93250. There is a guy on RF that seems to have alot of these bracelets and may even do a trade.

The end links (non solid) on the 93150 never seem to look right on the modern subs. I think given your experience with reps, you will not be happy with the fit/look.

The 93150 has the detachable end links- like 501B's that were used on the early 16610's thru the late 90's. At that point Rolex came out with the 93250 w/ SEL's, but the 16610 still had lugholes until around 2004/5.

So with a WM9 and no lugholes, the 93250 is really the correct bracelet.

The 93150's run from the late 70's thru til 98-99, maybe 2000.

1680- used 580 end pieces

16800 used 593 end pieces

168000 " " " "

16610 used 501B's