When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The new DSN 009 PVD

athan

Hi to all,

Maybe some of you guys have already been reading the topic regarding my inquiry about the Asian and Swiss ETA 6497 movts available by DSN, for his new 009 PVD.

http://www.rwg.cc/members/DSN-009-Swiss-As...st&p=640523

Thanks to the contribution of our beloved forum members, the topic turned out to be very useful - at least to me - and led me to a decision:

To order the new DSN 009 PVD with the "Swiss" 6497 :p

Initially I was considering to get the watch with the Asian movt, but since I really like this watch and I want to further mod it and ultimately keep it, I decided to go for the "Swiss", plainly due to gen ETA's global serviceability and parts availability.

So, after a series of emails with DSN :starwars: I ordered the watch on April the 5th and asked him to send me some pictures of the actual watch for approval.

Few hours after money wiring (moneybookers suck :thumbdown: to many hidden charges, disgusting procedure - just hate it, but DSN doesn't accept PP) and after a reminder email, he sent me the photos (see attached), on the 6th :thumbs:

In the pictures the watch looks like a piece of turd and due it's native PVDness I couldn't see a lot, so I accepted it :2: and asked him to proceed with shipping.

Today the 7th, he informed me that the watch was shipped out and he also provided the tracking number as erstwhile mutually agreed.

So far so good, I'll keep you all posted with updates and definitely post some pictures upon the arrival of the watch (let's keep our fingers crossed).

:2:

My thanks,

Athan

post-4284-1239121322_thumb.jpg

post-4284-1239121337_thumb.jpg

post-4284-1239121362_thumb.jpg

post-4284-1239121377_thumb.jpg

Hi to all,

The package has been landed!

Two days ago a nicely wrapped green box from Hong Kong was delivered to my office door.

I guess you all know the feeling...

Anxiety, expectation, suspense at maximum!

(I don't think that going to the AD to acquire a gen would release more genuine feelings inside me)

So, I unwrapped the box and the first surprise was a nice "Logo" keyring, as a gift from DSN!!! What a warm gesture!

Thanks Davidsen!

The watch was there looking absolutely great, the PVD, the Sapphire with no AR, the (acceptable?) dial, the CG's, the crown.

All cool and nice, quality everywhere, I have to admit that this is the best out-of-the-box rep I have ever seen.

As for the movement I can't provide any info yet due to a small problem I'm still facing with one of the CG's screws (it is tightly screwed in and I have to find a nice way to undo it without harming the case).

So I didn't have the chance to open the case back. Is it a Swiss ETA as promised?

It works fine though and keeps great time (52 hours with no visual variation).

The watch came with the standard DSN buffalo strap which I immediately replaced with a Hirsch Liberty.

My DSN 009 PVD rating

Case construction and PVD finishing: 4/5

Water resistance: Not measured yet - I'll come back with results

CG's: 3/5

Crown: 3/5

Dial: 2,5/5 (I hate the orange color of the numerals)

Lume: 2,5/5 (glows sufficiently only in complete darkness)

Movement: 4,5/5

Strap: 2/5 (standard DSN buffalo)

Total rate: 3/5

The DSN 009 PVD is a keeper and with the addition of the new FGD dial and probably a T(something) crown, it will rock!

Check the pictures - sorry for the poor quality and dust, but watch photography without the proper gear is a very difficult sport!

I'll come back soon with movement pictures and water resistance measurement results.

Cheers,

Athan

The green box from Hong Kong

post-4284-1239800350_thumb.jpg

Great looking watch, DSN's PVD coating is damn good!

post-4284-1239800374_thumb.jpg

I hate the orange numerals

post-4284-1239800404_thumb.jpg

post-4284-1239800471_thumb.jpg

post-4284-1239800431_thumb.jpg

post-4284-1239800505_thumb.jpg

post-4284-1239800605_thumb.jpg

post-4284-1239800628_thumb.jpg

It glows sufficiently(?) only in complete darkness

post-4284-1239800656_thumb.jpg

"Glowing" together with my gen Seiko Samurai titanium

post-4284-1239800682_thumb.jpg

Orange six and T-SWISS-T

post-4284-1239800784_thumb.jpg

The @#!$% CG's screw, I just hope I'll finally undo it...

post-4284-1239800807_thumb.jpg

The Daily Beaters family!

post-4284-1239800833_thumb.jpg

And the usual wrist shot for the finale!

post-4284-1239806327_thumb.jpg

it looks awesome!! i know what you mean about the orange, but you may get used to it. I don't know much about panerai, but did the original have the orange numbering.

oh and boy you definitely will have a rough relationship with that screwed up screw!! :p careful pressure and the right tool will do the trick.